HP DL360 G9 - and QSPF (HP InfiniBand FDR/Ethernet 10Gb/40Gb 2-port 544+FLR-QSFP Ethernet Adapter)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.
Oct 14, 2022
Hi all,

First time in a long time I've played with Fiber and this stuff. So I've looked in bois to see if it will allow me to split this QSFP via break out form 40 to 4x10, I can't find any settings, I only seem to be able to change from ethernet to Infiniband. I dont think any of my switch are InfiniBand so okay.

What I am trying to do is use the QSPF and break it into 4 connections to split between my switch and my NAS to this server since I move large data sets weekly. When I connect every thing I seem to only get a connection and thus an IP on the lead labed as 0 and none of the others leading me to think this is a configuration issue.

its embedded in the PCI-e Expansion slot and its on firmware 2.40.5000 (the newest I know of). (the server is on Bios Rev. P89 v2.80 (10/16/2020))

cadillac

Aug 16, 2022
The QSFP breakout type cables (QSFP to 4xSFP+) are meant for switch interconnects, and need special support for it. The NIC You are using is a Mellanox ConnectX-3, and has no support for that. One use case that is supported on the NIC is the "A" port of the breakout cable can be used as a 10g SFP+, so it can be a cheaper option than buying a QSA adapter and SFP+ DAC cable if one wahts to connect QSFP to SFP+

Oct 14, 2022
The QSFP breakout type cables (QSFP to 4xSFP+) are meant for switch interconnects, and need special support for it. The NIC You are using is a Mellanox ConnectX-3, and has no support for that. One use case that is supported on the NIC is the "A" port of the breakout cable can be used as a 10g SFP+, so it can be a cheaper option than buying a QSA adapter and SFP+ DAC cable if one wahts to connect QSFP to SFP+

Thank you, Ill just buy the 10g RJ45 flexi cards, because I don't see a case where I am going to get QSFP running in my home lab anytime soon.

Oct 14, 2022
Any ideas - vendor is telling me - that it will work and to use - HP part JG326-61001 is X240 40Gb QSFP+ to QSFP+ 1.0-m (3.28 ft) direct attach copper cable 4 X 10 GbE, 100 Ohm cable with Quad Small Form Factor Pluggable Plus (QSFP+) connectors permanently attached to each end

cadillac

Aug 16, 2022
Any ideas - vendor is telling me - that it will work and to use - HP part JG326-61001 is X240 40Gb QSFP+ to QSFP+ 1.0-m (3.28 ft) direct attach copper cable 4 X 10 GbE, 100 Ohm cable with Quad Small Form Factor Pluggable Plus (QSFP+) connectors permanently attached to each end
What is Your question?
That part is a 40G QSFP+ to QSFP+ cable. It does not have SFP+ connectors.