HP D2200db blade storage enclosure - Does it support HBA or non raid allocation

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ljvb

Nov 8, 2015
I'm currently using a C300 with 2 BL620 G7s. External to that I have a supermicro storage server with 15 drives running FreeNAS. I'm looking to dump the Supermicro server, and integrate the storage server into the blade chassis.

My current options are getting rid of the motherboard/cpu, picking up a Supermicro CB3 (I prefer this over the CB1 as the CB1 has no IPMI and I travel for a living), picking up a 6GB HP San switch, and connecting the supermicro chassis to the SAN switch.. which defeats the point of trying to reduce the number of servers in my rack. Not to mention, the 3GB SAN switches are cheap, the 6GB SAN switches.. not so much.

That leaves me with using the D2200sb.. I cannot find any details on any configurations that don't utilize the P410i, which as far as I can tell will not operate in IT mode. All I want is for the drives to show up individually to the associated blade without raid..

Is this possible.. or should I go the external array and fork out for the SAS switch..