HP 8GB Mini $100

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Hopefully, we are going to have a review on this tomorrow.

@jmsq it did not work out of the box with the Athlon 200GE. Maybe newer firmware, but at that point just buy a better CPU in the first place.

I would not be surprised if that one was gone by tomorrow.

Reactions: TXAG26

jmsq

Dec 30, 2019
Hopefully, we are going to have a review on this tomorrow.

@jmsq it did not work out of the box with the Athlon 200GE. Maybe newer firmware, but at that point just buy a better CPU in the first place.

I would not be surprised if that one was gone by tomorrow.
Yeah, that's what I was worried about with that generation and chipset. I would be surprised if any newer firmware released for that machine adds Zen-based CPU support, which is unfortunate. Good to know for certain though, so thanks for trying.

Last edited:

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Well, review/ video are going up on the 705 G3 Mini's tomorrow. I almost like where it is, but I am not satisfied still.

Reactions: tommybackeast

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
That's the around the same performance as a t630 thin client, and the t630 will be half the price and has a 15w TDP CPU (half the RAM and 16GB M.2 eMMC though). if you want a cheap witness node I would gun for a 630 and install lab scrap parts in there to bump it up. At that price it's actually a good Raspberry Pi 4B/4G alternative. That Windows 7 embedded OS might be good for a laugh, or you might be able to swap it out for a 64 Bit Win7E image.