HP 874491-001 Apollo R2600 Gen10 Barebones Chassis SFF W/ 4x Fans - $175

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

fl0w

Oct 28, 2015
Paris
its basically a mini blade enclosure?
Yes, you can put 4 XL170r or 2 XL190r. XL170r is basically for general purpose and XL190r can be used for HPC using GPUs. On r2600, storage is statically assigned to each blade, 6 HDDs per blade if it's XL170r, and 12 HDDs per blade for XL190r.

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
Basically yes. I am not sure you can do much with a cheap enclosure if the modules are kinda expensive. Your average XL170r Gen10 is around 500 on evilbay, so your bargain is potentially quite limited.

Reactions: Layla

Gnodu

Oct 10, 2015
<Edit> I have no relationship to the Raki folks, they’ve just always taken good care of me whenI have done business with them. </EndEdit>

I can vouch for the seller- they are local for me- but the few items I’ve had shipped were very well packaged. (Sometimes they have some really good deals... but with pandemic timing, I tend to lean towards shipping instead of local P/U)

It does not appear to be the case this time (based on silica jel pack in pics), but I have noticed that they almost never have whole systems available, rather, they seem to part them out... meaning that you should always check their other listings for related modules or parts.

Funny aside: One time, they took it a little too far (Probably by accident) they had listed a “UPS motherboard” for sale (Separate listing for the cables/connectors + screws & fasteners)- it was pretty funny- I don’t think it ever sold. Just looking at the huge capacitors on the “motherboard” made me giggle every time i saw it.

DannyDB

Sep 25, 2017
Did you guys have any luck with the Apollo XL170r nodes? I just finished putting together my system with 3 nodes and only node that has lights is node 2.

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
Did you guys have any luck with the Apollo XL170r nodes? I just finished putting together my system with 3 nodes and only node that has lights is node 2.
Im using a few apollo units with xl170r/xl190r.

Is the one with lights fully working or just lights?

Id try swapping nodes around, if the working one is still working in a different bay and vice versa.
To try see if its the nodes or chassis that is the issue.

DannyDB

Sep 25, 2017
Im using a few apollo units with xl170r/xl190r.

Is the one with lights fully working or just lights?

Id try swapping nodes around, if the working one is still working in a different bay and vice versa.
To try see if its the nodes or chassis that is the issue.
. Good morning and thank you for responding. The node that lights up is in Bay 2. The lights are on, flashing green only, it does not boot. I have tried swapping nodes, only the one in Slot 2 seems to light up. Same behavior with all 3 modes.

I am thinking the power board or backplane. Unless this chassis senses that it is only connected to a 110, 15 Amp circuit.