UK HP 3PAR StoreServ 20000 Storage, Dual 12gb/s Dual-port I/o Module, Dual PSU - £59.99

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Unre4L

Jul 27, 2022
Ok got around to a very quick test :)

Summary is seems to work fine. Connected up to an old lsi2208 card with 4 different SSD makes - intel / seagate / hp SAS and a toshiba sata. All were visible in Windows 10 and I did a quick test write to one of them which obviously worked. Only connected to one controller. Didn't have the time to do more and to be honest I bought this on the off chance I might need something later rather than needing it now so probably sits somewhere looking pretty for a while - maybe forever!
Am I right in saying that a sata drive should connect directly into the backplane? Or did you have to use any adapters?

ecosse

Jul 2, 2013
Am I right in saying that a sata drive should connect directly into the backplane? Or did you have to use any adapters?
I can't remember what I did yesterday never mind a few months ago :) But I didn't use any adapters though (sure of that don't have any hp interposters) and according to the blurb I wrote I tested a toshiba sata ssd. So yeah should work.

Reactions: nikalai and Unre4L