How to tell whats new?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Lost-Benji

Jan 21, 2013
The arse end of the planet
Guys, am I missing something or what? I have been out for a while, come back to the nice new theme but for the life of me, can't tell what threads are newly commented on or posted, all look the same, Read or Not. Most other forums have bold text on fresh activity while old/stale threads go back to normal font. In here, hard to use....

Reactions: alex_stief

alex_stief

May 31, 2016
I knew something was off with the new design, besides the general "mobile" look. Just could not put my finger on it. Yeah, bold font for new posts, regular font for old posts is what I am missing.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Options of Light Normal Bold. We now have bold for unread light for read titles.

Reactions: cesmith9999

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Also, on the subject of finding new bits. You can set and save a default filter now under "What's New -> New Posts". For example, unread in threads that you have participated. It is in a different format, but something more customizable than we had before.

1588693979910.png

BlueLineSwinger

Mar 11, 2013
Options of Light Normal Bold. We now have bold for unread light for read titles.

FYI, this doesn't work if the browser is set to not allow a page to define its own fonts. Seems it's defining a different typeface instead of using a strong tag or similar method.

(FF 76.0.1 on Kubuntu 20.04, advanced font settings)

nle

Oct 24, 2012
@BlueLineSwinger What browser do you use?

EDIT: I was going to suggest an greyscale extension, but you can do it with javascript and a bookmark. Add this to a bookmark:
Code:
javascript:(function(){var e=document.body;e.style.filter="progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.BasicImage(grayscale=1)",e.style.filter||(e.style["-webkit-filter"]="grayscale(1)",e.style.filter="grayscale(1)")}())
Or even better you can make a greasemonkey script to overide the specific CSS classes you dislike.

Last edited: