How to get LSI config options in UEFI on X9DR3-F

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

6.2LSA

Oct 20, 2018
I've got a Supermicro X9DR3-F board and for some reason I can't find the right settings to get the embedded RAID configuration configuration options to show up on the advanced menu at boot when set to UEFI mode.

Most frustrating is that I had it there once but screwed up and set the 'Launch Video OpROM policy" option to UEFI under PCI configuration which resulted in a boot hang and I had to pull the battery and reset to defaults. Subsequently I have not been able to find the magic settings to get the config option back.

Currently the following is set:
Advanced -> SCU Configuration -> Storage Controller Unit = ENABLED
Advanced -> SCU Configuration -> SCU RAID Option ROM/UEFI Driver= ENABLED
Advanced -> PCIe/PCI/PnP Configuration -> Launch Storage OpROM Policy = UEFI Only
Boot -> Boot Mode Select = UEFI

Yet all I have is a "Driver Health" option at the very bottom of the Advanced menu which has "Avago SAS EFI Driver Health" if I select it.

Motherboard is up to date on 3.3 Firmware dated 7/12/2018

I can set it to legacy and get a Ctrl-I menu on boot which works but I'm trying to get the config utility back for UEFI.

What am I missing? Clearly it's something!

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
See note#2 on the KB. You need to check if EFI BOS is empty with Sas2flash or MegaCLI depending on your HBA / controller

Interesting thing is none of X9 instructions have the EFI BIOS.

Normally you would do sas2flash -o -f <FW> -b <mp2sas bios> -b <EFI BIOS>

Broadcom Limited