How to get firmware from Oracle

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gbates

May 22, 2020
Hi Everyone, this is probably my first post here... Anyone interested in testing KPYAJR3Q firmware. I've extracted it from Oracle Exadata, but don't have my drive yet (Bought it yesterday from Cloud Storage Corp in US and I'm in EU). For some reason it has .tar extension, but doesn't look like tar file... Let me know if anyone is interested.

Attachments

Reactions: mjshark

mjshark

Oct 12, 2021
The link works and the binaries are valid.
I forgot to mention in my first post, but do you also have intermediate firmwares RE13, RE14, RF30 for the 2.5in version and RD24, RD27, RD28, RD30 for the AIC version that are required to update to RF35?

gbates

May 22, 2020
From what you listed I see only RD27 for now, which probably doesn't help you much. I've also found other RC50, maybe it will be of use for someone.
I moved files to Dropbox, so I don't have to create new link every time I add some new FWs.

Last edited:

ugin82

Mar 14, 2024
Hi Everyone, this is probably my first post here... Anyone interested in testing KPYAJR3Q firmware. I've extracted it from Oracle Exadata, but don't have my drive yet (Bought it yesterday from Cloud Storage Corp in US and I'm in EU). For some reason it has .tar extension, but doesn't look like tar file... Let me know if anyone is interested
Hi, thanx a lot - I can confirm this strange .tar file is a .fw file. And i've updated firmware on f320 using it to KPYAJR3Q. Just renamed it to MS1PC5ED3.JR3Q.fw and continued using nvme-cli as mentioned above

Reactions: gbates

gbates

May 22, 2020
Sorry I couldn't find more firmwares, but I don't have access to Oracle Support, only got the big patch from Oct 22. I think it is assumed that you have second to last update and the last ones are included in this patch.