How to download an ISO to a Proxmox zfs storage pool

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

zogthegreat

Jan 20, 2019
Hi everyone!

So I'm playing with Proxmox to replace VirtualBox. I found this video:

which shows how to download ISO's to /var/lib/vz/template/iso. However, my OS drives are only 32gb, so I want to store my ISO images on my zpool drive, (rz2TB). Can I simply create a folder on the zpool rz2TB or do I need to link the folder to /var/lib/vz/template/iso?

Thanks!

zog

Jeggs101

Dec 29, 2010
Many of the data stores you can create and just need to select that the storage can store ISOs in Proxmox. That's the normal way to do it @zogthegreat

The video and guide are handy when you are first setting up a machine and do not have a data store, or if you have a very small node. Given the prices of 480GB SSDs these days, maybe it's more useful now too since an OS library is like a boot device these days since you can handle less redundancy and don't need much performance

Reactions: zogthegreat

zogthegreat

Jan 20, 2019
Hi @Jeggs101 ,

Thanks for the tip. I've been looking at some used data center SSD's to upgrade the 2 x 32gb SSD's I'm currently using. I was originally looking at them for a SLOG drive, I'll just order some extra's for the OS drives.

Thanks again!

zog