How to access RAID controller in runtime

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

java

Jan 28, 2013
Europe
In the past I used only software raid like Linux mdadm. Now I have this motherboard : X10DRC-LN4+ which has on board hardware raid : LSI 3108. I can access the management interface of raid during system boot up by pressing ctr+R. This maybe a noob question but how to enter into management interface when the system is already up and running ? Let say I want to create a new RAID based on 2 HDDs which I just added without restarting the entire OS (in my case ESXi 6) ?

Some details :

Last edited:

Rhinox

May 27, 2013
MSM can not be installed directly on your OS because ESXi lacks any native graphics interface. MSM could be installed on VM and used to connect to ESXi but I personally do not like that solution. It makes it dependent on VM running...

But you could also install command-line utilities directly to ESXi (there are vibs for both new StorCLI and older MegaCLI). Those are all you need for monitoring/managing/flashing raid-controller. Basically anything that can be done in bios can be done with StorCLI too (and much more)...

Last edited:
Reactions: java