How many people are mining on NVIDIA 10 series GPUs?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jims2321

Jul 7, 2013
Is it profitable to run 10 series cards and which coins would you recommend? Seems like team RED is still short supply, and the 10 series while overpriced somewhat has more availability.

zer0sum

Mar 8, 2013
24 x 1080ti and growing :)

You guys should be aiming for $10+ per card, per day, right now and trying to find coins worth even more than that.
LUX is a great example. It's currently $10-14+ per day on a 1080ti using spmod at 36MH/s
WhatToMine - LUX Luxcoin mining profit calculator

I'm really lucky right now and I'm on a coin doing $30+ a day, but I've got to keep that one under wraps for the time being. Sorry :)

Last edited:
Reactions: funkywizard

hweisheimer

Dec 9, 2015
I have a 1070 (and 3 AMD cards) mining eth. If I had more 10-series cards, I'd probably split them off to mine something else. For now, simplicity wins. :)

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
I have a 1070 (and 3 AMD cards) mining eth. If I had more 10-series cards, I'd probably split them off to mine something else. For now, simplicity wins. :)
I'm considering doing just that myself. Right now I'm in Aeon, ZCash, Monero, and Sumokoin. All of which require transfer from wallet to exchange, conversion, then transfer to coinbase for conversion to fiat, paying fees in every step. Mining ETH directly is sounding attractive.

garetjax

Nov 26, 2017

You guys should be aiming for $10+ per card, per day, right now and trying to find coins worth even more than that.
LUX is a great example. It's currently $10-14+ per day on a 1080ti using spmod at 36MH/s

I'm really lucky right now and I'm on a coin doing $30+ a day, but I've got to keep that one under wraps for the time being. Sorry :)

What is spmod and what miner?

Thanks

yuzmemak

Aug 31, 2017
I've got a relatively stable rig of 10x 1080Ti Founders Edition cards that I'm alternating between ZClassic and MonaCoin/VertCoin currently.

Looking to scale up sometime this year if the 1080Ti replacement works out to be another Crypto powerhouse.

I'm in Australia though, and ping times for pools in EU or US aren't exactly stellar for max share acceptance. But you've piqued my interest.
Hi

Which pools are you using for these coins? I couldn't find reliable pool yet for them.

Best regards

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

yuzmemak

Aug 31, 2017

Hi

Which pool are you using?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Revrnd

Jan 2, 2018
AU
Been using either Yiimp.eu or Miningpoolhub.

Miningpoolhub takes a little to get used to, but it's got quite a few options (as does Yiimp.eu) with the option to select servers closest to you (I ping the servers first and find the lowest return for less stale shares).

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Pool attempt #1 today was not stable. Going to try re-spinning later this week. If there is a particular coin folks think is good, happy to work on that first. I have been doing a bit of DGB mining for fun on a single GPU.

Reactions: Revrnd

Marsh

May 12, 2013
Looking forward to a new pool
Tomorrow, I am expecting 2 x 1070ti , 1 x 1080ti

Reactions: nkw

Revrnd

Jan 2, 2018
AU
Pool attempt #1 today was not stable. Going to try re-spinning later this week. If there is a particular coin folks think is good, happy to work on that first. I have been doing a bit of DGB mining for fun on a single GPU.

Was that trying the Yiimp Github that I posted earlier from Tpruvot?

If you can get on top of LUX Coin that'd be great. lol.

Edit - LUX

funkywizard

mmm.... bandwidth.
Jan 15, 2017
USA
ioflood.com
OK. I sense we have a critical mass to get started here. Will do some exploratory work this weekend.
I'm using your flypool images for mine (crypto gateway drug). Would there be a similar docker command for using your pool? My hoard of zec hashers woild be a decent contribution. However, I really like flypool emailing me when a node goes offline. I've been pretty spoiled by that.