How I Got Scammed on an EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
The first word explains it all :(

lol, sorry couldn't resist :D

klui

Feb 3, 2019
At least they are pretty good about it--so far. Unlike what Newegg did to GN.

Reactions: Patrick

ReturnedSword

Jun 15, 2018
Santa Monica, CA
GamersNexus still has great written reviews, but it has been more and more sparse. I cannot handle listening to video content, especially when the interest is in monetization foremost.

With their Newegg situation, it obviously started with a mistake on Newegg's side, then miscommunication all along the way for both GamersNexus and Newegg. It could've been all avoided by being clear and firm from the start, and that starts by calling not emailing then escalating the issue straight away to get the attention of a supervisor/manager. Same goes for Amazon or any other major seller, not withstanding Amazon's dumb idea to mix stock from separate sellers to save warehouse space.

I've had mix-ups in the hundreds, and a few times, thousands of dollars with both Newegg and Amazon over the years with purchases for the business. All were resolved quickly with just a simple phone call. Once, the courier dropped off a package containing a $1,000+ component to the wrong address and Newegg sent me a new one the next day with no questions asked. When the random person showed up explaining they got my package, I contacted Newegg and sent the original package back.

josh

Oct 21, 2013
Isn't it widely known that Amazon will mix their own inventory and all f.b.a. inventory same bin at the warehouse then sell them interchangeably across all sellers?

Seems more likely that the item got swapped right from the start at the inventory entry stage. I'm about to buy the same 3090 and feeling slightly afraid I'm going to get some used mining stock marked as new now.

Stephan

Apr 21, 2017
Germany
Last place I would buy if I was concerned about supply chain integrity would be Amazon. Amazon likely got scammed itself by somebody sending a sealed 3070 back instead of the 3090. The fraud then extended to the unwitting next recipient, Patrick. From life-threatening electronics made by unknown manufacturers out of China, to fakes, to fraud like this, to sub-par engineered Amazon Basics products, or clones thereof, to the entire FBA lottery, not buying anything there anymore if I have the choice. Btw if you can't think of a solid reason why somebody would attack you via the supply chain, like you touched the Snowden cache or happen to run an embassy, in my estimation nobody will bother. ;-)