How broken is it - Graphics Card

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Nizmo

Jan 24, 2018
I wouldn't waste my time or money. There is a gentleman named My Playhouse on Youtube who has used a broken Grid K1 (similar to the auction you linked) it registered just 3 of 4 cores. He got rid of it not long after that video.

Grid K1 is what im looking for... Not broken.

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
Broken with a missing whatever it is ;)

Might it still be usable? Self-repairable?
Missing capacitor C837. Unrelated to whatever the problem(s) might be with the board - it is one of a number of paralleled capacitors, so it being missing wouldn't affect operation.

However, the board has evidence of being dropped (look at the retaining tab on the left side of the PCIe connector in the 3rd picture) so there are likely other things wrong with it, particularly if the impact was enough to knock C837 off.

Reactions: Rand__

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Many thanks, didnt notice that. Also a screw missing as I saw now, so probably somebody messed around with it previously.

Nizmo

Jan 24, 2018
Can you imagine the butterfingers who dropped that while taking it out of a server? Mental Image....