HORACO 9 Port 2 5G + SFP+ Uplink Fanless Switch for $95

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mr2dave

Apr 25, 2021
Dude, nice review! I appreciate the iperf and power consumption tests, and that there's no affiliate slime on your links. Subscribed.

Reactions: pheda

lopgok

Aug 14, 2017
For the $20 discount, you need to buy $999.00 worth of stuff.
You can get $3 discount if you just buy this switch.
The price in the posting is very misleading.

Reactions: xo_bob and Samir

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
There is a handful of brands selling these.

TP-Link also has some managed 16/24x 2.5g with 4/6/8x sfp+ starting at 350-400.
Shame they have not released the western versions of them yet tho, the English version gui on the Chinese releases are horrible translations.

Reactions: Samir

madbrain

Jan 5, 2019
How do they handle warranty ? Send back to China ?

Fanless multi-gig stuff has a tendency to die unfortunately. I'm looking at you TP-Link with the SX105 . Had one die at about a year. They honored the lifetime warranty, though. Even paid shipping.

Reactions: Samir

pheda

Dec 20, 2022
For the $20 discount, you need to buy $999.00 worth of stuff.
You can get $3 discount if you just buy this switch.
The price in the posting is very misleading.
Just wait for the promotions, in video review , it had $15 off due to aliexpress promotion, it will come back again soon... but I wont recommend this product due to discount (its unknown company), but I see this as unique combination and price/performance/power compensation in the market... very soon tplink and others will copy this configuration I guess....

pheda

Dec 20, 2022
Dude, nice review! I appreciate the iperf and power consumption tests, and that there's no affiliate slime on your links. Subscribed.
Thx!!

How do they handle warranty ? Send back to China ?

Fanless multi-gig stuff has a tendency to die unfortunately. I'm looking at you TP-Link with the SX105 . Had one die at about a year. They honored the lifetime warranty, though. Even paid shipping.
Seriously no idea... its probably a risk to consider...

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
but I see this as unique combination and price/performance/power compensation in the market... very soon tplink and others will copy this configuration I guess....
You can pretty much reverse that order.
Tplink had simular models on the chinese market since before the generic ones came.

They had 4/8/12 port with 1-2x sfp+ desktop models like this.
i belive they pulled them tho and focused on rack models, they have 3 series of 2.5gbe switches that are only sold in china.
The 24x 2.5gbe 8x sfp+ ive been looking at as ceph switch is available in managed and unmanaged series.

As much as they are a bit of a meme consumer brand in the west they do have full enterprise lines in Chinese market.
Hopefully their beefy 2.5gbe stuff does not remain China only also.

How much of a paralell universe would it feel like you have entered if you saw this tplink in a DC? :D
1680072865414.png

Last edited:

pheda

Dec 20, 2022
You can pretty much reverse that order.
Tplink had simular models on the chinese market since before the generic ones came.

They had 4/8/12 port with 1-2x sfp+ desktop models like this.
i belive they pulled them tho and focused on rack models, they have 3 series of 2.5gbe switches that are only sold in china.
The 24x 2.5gbe 8x sfp+ ive been looking at as ceph switch is available in managed and unmanaged series.

As much as they are a bit of a meme consumer brand in the west they do have full enterprise lines in Chinese market.
Hopefully their beefy 2.5gbe stuff does not remain China only also.

How much of a paralell universe would it feel like you have entered if you saw this tplink in a DC? :D
View attachment 28172
agree... my needs are mostly as home user, had my eyes on 24x 2.5gbe 8x sfp+ but was totally overkill from power consumption as well as costing $570.... I paid $75 with promotion and that's why bought this model... after using it for last 1 week seems like a useful addition...

cw823

Jan 14, 2014
We really posting slickdeals from ali express now? What if we don’t want to wait two weeks for it to ship from China?

pass

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
agree... my needs are mostly as home user, had my eyes on 24x 2.5gbe 8x sfp+ but was totally overkill from power consumption as well as costing $570.... I paid $75 with promotion and that's why bought this model... after using it for last 1 week seems like a useful addition...
Feels like the 2.5gbe market really seems to have almost stopped for the western world sadly.
2.5gbe nics are down at 10-12$ now on regular pci-e/mini pcie/m.2/usb3 etc from China and keeps coming more switches.

While cheapest i can get localy here is almost 50€ per port if i want managed 2.5gbe with 10g uplinks.
Its actualy cheaper to buy connectx3 lots and run 10g links that get limited to 3-4g on my celeron boards than to get 2.5gbe.

Hopefully either tplink releases more of their 2.5gbe stuff in the western markets or mikrotik starts releasing some 2.5gbe

Reactions: blunden and pheda

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
We have one or two of these, and likely another brand of the same switch coming as well for the 2.5GbE round-up series. Moving this to networking.