Home Server based on Supermicro AS-E301-9D-8CN4

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

hyppolab

Dec 12, 2019
Hello,

I'm trying to configure a new home server. The base needs are to have a system that does not consume too much power and is enough silent to keep in a closet. At the same time it has anyway to be powerful enough to host some VMs for various tasks and test/experiment.

The choice has fallen onto this nice Supermicro barebone: AS-E301-9D-8CN4. The motherboard is this: M11SDV-8C-LN4F.

I need, however, to find the best option for the memory. The manufacturer says I have to look for ECC Registered DDR4-2666MHz SDRAM so my eye fell onto these two sets of memories. What do you think about them? Are they almost equal or there is something that I should avoid for sure?

Crucial CT32G4RFD4266
Kingston KSM29RD4/32MEI

vangoose

May 21, 2019
Canada
Hello,

I'm trying to configure a new home server. The base needs are to have a system that does not consume too much power and is enough silent to keep in a closet. At the same time it has anyway to be powerful enough to host some VMs for various tasks and test/experiment.

The choice has fallen onto this nice Supermicro barebone: AS-E301-9D-8CN4. The motherboard is this: M11SDV-8C-LN4F.

I need, however, to find the best option for the memory. The manufacturer says I have to look for ECC Registered DDR4-2666MHz SDRAM so my eye fell onto these two sets of memories. What do you think about them? Are they almost equal or there is something that I should avoid for sure?

Crucial CT32G4RFD4266
Kingston KSM29RD4/32MEI
SM should have tested memory modules listed, just follow that.

hyppolab

Dec 12, 2019
SM should have tested memory modules listed, just follow that.
Thanks but since there is only this single option I want to take the risk of ordering something else and maybe ship it back if it does not work. It's not for business, I don't need to have it working right now.