Home Rack Ideas

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Magnet

Jan 25, 2018
North Florida
Moving later this year and will have a dedicated closet for my network/lab. Requirements were simple until I found a deal on a Vertiv 3000VA UPS. Now I'm here planning a 30amp twist lock receptacle.

Any good ideas of wall mount racks that maybe extend to the floor or otherwise can support ~200 lbs? I need a depth of 25" minimum.

Thanks!

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Wall mount rack for servers, I wouldn't do that personally.

pinkanese

Jun 19, 2014
What are the dimensions of the closet?

I doubt you will find anything that is wall mounted and 25" deep.

You could possibly find an old 2 post rack and mount it to the floor leaving 25" off the back wall. Or is the closet is too narrow you can get just the vertical rails, do a little framing and build a rack into the closet, definitely wouldn't be the most convenient solution.

Tcalp

Oct 15, 2020
Wall mounts are generally for network equipment racks only, that said I beleive StarTech makes a 39" rack 12 or 20U rack with an additional metal frame / support unit that you can buy to lag bolt the unit to a wall, but it's not a 'simple' install and generally meant to go in during commercial construction.

I would just keep your eye out for half height or smaller rack available used in your area.