Hobbyist looking for practical networking learning resources

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Riftor

Nov 29, 2019
Hello everyone,

A few years ago, I got bitten by the networking/Linux/virtualization bug and have been exploring these areas ever since. I built two NASes and a PFSense router with 5 VLANs, and am now focusing on networking. I am watching videos for the CompTIA Networking+ exam, but it's too theoretical. I'm looking for practical how-to resources. For example, I'd like to learn more about:
  • Network hardware selection
  • Level 3 switching
  • Testing and improving throughput, latency, and bandwidth
  • DNS
  • Network security
  • Any other basic skills you need
Networking is a hobby, so I'm probably not going to pay hundreds of dollars for a Cisco certification, but I am willing to invest in good books, classes, etc.

Thanks for the help.

RadyB13

Sep 2, 2021
You can look for some courses that specialize in this field, there are many of them available on the Internet, just write on google the topics you want to know more about. Nowadays everything is available on the Internet, you just need to know how to look for it. You can now submit essay for review which was unimaginable some decades ago. I always use editing services as I am very bad at writing and it saved my life when I was in high school and had a lot of writing assignments. As I said just look for it and you will find what you need for sure.

Last edited: