Hitachi HUA722020ALA330 1TB or 2TB ????

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Konrad Szwab

Dec 14, 2017
Hello,

I have scavenged three Hitachi HUA722020ALA330. The drives enclosure (EMC) says that they are 1 TB SATA drives and are detected as such under windows and a bit of meddling with diskpart to clean them up. However, the drive labels on top and research on Google shows that they are 2 TB drives.

I think EMC messed with the firmware to have these 2TB drives report as 1 TB for some magical "upgrades" later on (yeah, paranoia).

I have read this thread and tried to download the firmware 3EA and 3MA to them, but I get a download command fail (under Freedos, SATA controller set to IDE, drive detected as primary on Sata Port ). The firmware the utility shows currently on the drives is JKAOA3GX and seems to expect JK0VB3EA or 3MA (renamed files, jacked with them for about 2 days, read this entire thread back and forth).

Getting quite desperate. Any ideas ? @kryptex

lhernanz

Mar 28, 2017
Hi,

did you manage to find a solution for this? I am in your same situation.

What is the thread you are referring to? I think you forgot to link it properly.

Thanks