Hitachi Deskstar 3 TB $107 Amazon

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nilsga

Mar 8, 2011
Wow! That's a great deal. Could need 5 of those. Too bad they don't ship to Norway :(

nilsga

Mar 8, 2011
No, Swedish VAT is deducted from the price, but Norwegian VAT is added when importing, so the price will be the same.

Looks like the deal at Amazon is over...

Synthetickiller

Jul 16, 2011
Slickdeals killed it. That's the slickdeal effect for you.

I picked up 3 3TB external hitachis for $400 shipped ($120 w/ coupon, other two were $150). They are all 7200 RPM drives. I don't mind paying a bit more for the speed.

odditory

Dec 23, 2010
Yeah no doubt, slickdeals people = sweatpants army of black friday walmart tramplers, how i love them so. the double chins of fear and desperation to get in on the hp touchpads for $99 yesterday made the london riots look like a picnic.

Last edited:

odditory

Dec 23, 2010
Back down to $109.99 at Newegg until 8/31 or they're sold out. Unfortunately its bare drive (OEM) and newegg has a tendency to pack bare drives poorly. But hey, if it passes a full surface scan when you get it then you're probably okay.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145493

FWIW, experience has taught me only to buy retail box Hitachi's due to the clamshell packing protecting the drive better than the way Amazon and Newegg pack the OEM/bare drives. If I wasn't in one of Newegg's tax zones I'd probably jump on this, but I'll keep watching for Amazon price to drop on retail box version.