Hitachi 5K3000 2TB $69.99 at Amazon.com

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Appears to be limit 3, but Amazon does not cross check multiple orders by the same person like the Egg does...

nitrobass24

Dec 26, 2010
TX
Someone on [H] was saying something about two different versions (blue vs green pcb). Anyone know what the differences are?

odditory

Dec 23, 2010
This drive at this price from Amazon = new king of home storage media.

Last edited:

john4200

Jan 1, 2011
Hmmm, when I click on your link, the main page is for seller "Goodios" for $85.01 + $4.98 shipping. If I click on "6 new from $69.99" then I see that one of the six is amazon.com for $69.99 and prime eligible, but it says "usually ships within 1-2 months". Weird.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Their back up at Amazon, same price. Now showing "usually ships in 5 to 6 days".

BTW, both orders (limit 3) that I placed Saturday morning have shipped and are showing "out for delivery" today. Two day delivery (really "same business day" delivery!). Pretty good service considering i took the free super-saver shipping option.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Caution - crappy packaging alert. Came home today and found my new drives...packaged in a way that makes NewEgg bare drive packaging look good (ouch!). Each drive was securely inside an individual cardboard box and secured to the box with plastic. I've never seen this done before for OEM drives. This part is good.

Here's the not-so-good part: the two separate orders (3 each) were put into different size boxes. Looks like the picker just grabbed whatever box they had handy. One of them was not so bad with the three drive boxes well fit and secured with air-bag packing. The other box was way over-sized and did not have enough packing to hold the inner boxes secure - and all three boxes were sitting askew inside it when opened.

The boxes look good outside. Per the tracker, UPS didn't even have them for 24 hours, so not much could have happened. But all six drives are going to get a good thorough testing before use and even the slightest hiccup will get an RMA request.

iceboi714

Feb 27, 2011
Mine was fine...the only scary part was when the FedEX guy just dropped it in front of my face....i froze in pain!