High CPU Usage scoketserver.pl Napp-IT

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

TechIsCool

Feb 8, 2012
Clinton, WA
techiscool.com
@gea this is a question for you but I thought I would make it public so if someone searches for it they get results.

I have a Low power HP Micro server running Napp-IT and I have been watching it recently to figure out where the CPU usage is going.

What does socketserver.pl do while idle that is consuming a good share of my CPU 10-60% most of the time

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
Socketserver.pl starts the Mojolicious html5 websocketserver with some agents to collect iostat and other stat values to be displayed as realtime graphs. It is also used to update the output of some menus like jobs.

You can reduce the load when you disable monitoring. Click on "Mon" in the upper right to enable/ disable monitoring.
If you want to disable completely, you can stop napp-it webservices (console as root)
/etc/init.d/napp-it stop

or start via
/etc/init.d/napp-it start

or
you can edit this file and comment out the start of socketserver.pl

Reactions: T_Minus

TechIsCool

Feb 8, 2012
Clinton, WA
techiscool.com
@gea so the interesting thing is that the logs are still collected even if monitoring is disabled due to being the Free Edition. I have a dashed out mon section top right. it is sent to href="#"

When commented out from the init script it works fine and does not pester the CPU anymore.