HGST sas3 ssd encrypted - need help erase

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Whaaat

Jan 31, 2020
Well, it seems that these drives were registered in a MPIO storage cluster with multiple initiators.
Did you read this?
It looks like you need to edit your /etc/sysconfig/scsi_reserve first thing to gain the access to the drive with a valid key

Note any 3rdparty application program, script or command that scans/probes a device(s) which has a scsi2 reservation exclusively set will produce a"reservation conflict" error. Commands like vgscan, lvscan, fdisk, sfdisk,`vxdctl enable` are typicall commands that will scan/probe a device(s).

Last edited:

davehob

Oct 29, 2020
Well, it seems that these drives were registered in a MPIO storage cluster with multiple initiators.
Did you read this?
It looks like you need to edit your /etc/sysconfig/scsi_reserve first thing to gain the access to the drive with a valid key
Sorry not sure exactly how to accomplish that

what should I add to the file you mentioned " /etc/sysconfig/scsi_reserve"

kind of lost hope on this :)

cptcrunch

Dec 14, 2021
Kentucky
Hello, I had something similar with 4 HGST SED SAS drives. I had to use a Dell H310 flashed to IT mode with Truenas 13. I opened the shell, did "sedutil-cli --scan" and it saw the drives were locked and then able to use the PSID to unlock. I tried a H330/H730 and had no luck with those.

厉无咎

Dec 13, 2022
Hello, I had something similar with 4 HGST SED SAS drives. I had to use a Dell H310 flashed to IT mode with Truenas 13. I opened the shell, did "sedutil-cli --scan" and it saw the drives were locked and then able to use the PSID to unlock. I tried a H330/H730 and had no luck with those.
Thank you very much, I used sedutil-cli --scan, but it says that the hard drive does not support OPAL:(, anyway, thanks for the reply.