HGST HUSMM8080 12Gbps SAS SSD $170

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
OMFG, jump on these folks before I do!!! Good hell that's a nice price on these drives and here I thought a yr and 1/2 ago picking these up at $250 was a steal. Good find @BLinux

EDIT: Aww pre-prod/sample unit, still a steal. Get em' before they are gone folks!!!

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
OMFG, jump on these folks before I do!!! Good hell that's a nice price on these drives and here I thought a yr and 1/2 ago picking these up at $250 was a steal. Good find @BLinux

EDIT: Aww pre-prod/sample unit, still a steal. Get em' before they are gone folks!!!
would you not get so excited... i'm resisting the temptation to get these. hoping someone here buys them all up and i don't have to think about it... :)

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Yeah I am tapped for funds right now due to cluster rebuild. I am out but a smokin' deal for sure even pre-prod IMHO. Not saying I'd put these into PROD systems but for lab/home lab hells yeah...all day long!

anomaly

Jan 8, 2018
What's the catch for these? What are the main differences between production models and these?

anomaly

Jan 8, 2018
Got one of these, it failed to work in single-channel mode and it's pending to see if it's actually dead since I havent tried it in a dual channel system (but with a direct attach cable it didnt work either). It's a nice paperweight for now.