EXPIRED HGST 8TB SAS - $50

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
yeah i'll take one, buy now think later.
Not getting more only because my computer room is too dang hot right now.

Reactions: Fritz

BackupProphet

Jul 2, 2014
Stavanger, Norway
olavgg.com
This would be a great deal, if not for the current insane electricity prices in EU. I would rather buy 18TB SATA drives for 215 USD, over twice the space and more than half the power needed per TB. Actually more like 1/3 of the power considering I need less hardware too.

But if you only need a few, go or it.

1 hard drive will cost you around $40 every year. Compared to the average last 10 years which has been more like $1.2 USD (In Norway)

monotux

Oct 23, 2019
Kiruna, Sweden
www.monotux.tech
This would be a great deal, if not for the current insane electricity prices in EU. I would rather buy 18TB SATA drives for 215 USD, over twice the space and more than half the power needed per TB. Actually more like 1/3 of the power considering I need less hardware too.

1 hard drive will cost you around $40 every year. Compared to the average last 10 years which has been more like $1.2 USD (In Norway)
how much are you paying per kWh? :eek:

I happen to live near most of our largest water power plants (Sweden, Lapland) so it’s pretty cheap still…

Reactions: gb00s

abq

May 23, 2015

Good point on power use. ...If you don't mind me asking, where are you getting your 18tb helium sata for 215 usd?

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
mine also shipped. the picture showed a 2016 mfgr date, and said 4kn formatting. So I predict massive power on hours.

Reactions: Fritz

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
mother of god. my power bill would be $2,600 USD a month
For large parts of Europe those not signing fixed prices took a bit of a L if they have power hungry labs.
These prices coming has been plastered across the news almost a full year in advance.

Here in Norway those with fixed pricing even get paid to use electricity in the expensive zones :D
(subsidies are by average price for zone and given across the board based on consumption, so those with price fixed at 0.05$ get same per kwh as those with 0.6$)
Somewhat amusing seeing people fire up old SANs etc to make sure they reach the max amount of subsidies/profit, politics at its finest.