EU HGST 4U SAS3 12GB/s Storage Enclosure 60 bays £299

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Falloutboy

Oct 23, 2011
For members outzide of Uk, buyer beware. The seller only wants bank transfer and transact outside of ebay.

Based on my experience, its very risky. Does anyone know a forward shipper in UK?
Depending on where you are you could still use Paypal etc if you had a shipping forwarding service like YouShop, MyUS ( not recommended ) or many of the other myriad of freight forwarders ... If I remember rightly Ebay buyer protections gives you six months now.

Falloutboy

Oct 23, 2011
Here is a picture of the internals. If I can find my power plug thing I'll see if I can take some power readings.

I was surprised at the cabling requirements but QSFP+ to SFF-8644 cables do exist, as do QSFP+ to SFF-8088. I would have posted this earlier but I had to wait for the cable to come!
If you are running spinners in that beast I hope you have a bunker to put it in, a guy I spoke to in Auckland NZ had one and reckoned you could hear the noise clear as a bell through a besser block wall.

tjsgifan

Nov 20, 2015
If anyone stumble across this thread looing for 2 x G1 units please get in touch - I have 2 new ones bought for burst mining several years ago I never put into use. If someone in the UK can collect from GU35 9JA - I'd be happy to get £150 each for them as I have enough museum pieces now, need to clear some out. All trays present. I have some controllers or cables around spare too.

Reactions: ecosse

denywinarto

Aug 11, 2016
Howdy guys, been awhile,
So my server had rat issues few days ago and somehow my apc ups got busted (inverter error),
Then the left PSU of my HGST 4u60 started making crackling noise, (pretty sure it's the culprit since now the noise is gone)
and this morning after UPS replacement it's flashing red "alarm" LED. I'd assume it needs replacement?
Does it have to be exact model or is there another cheaper alternatives?
Also it's hot swappable right?

Last edited:

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Yes re hot swappable, no idea re the rest.
U checked if u still have warranty?

denywinarto

Aug 11, 2016
Hmm tried this but their response was only telling me to check the manuals...

So i bought 1EX0081 from ebay, the seller says it should be compatible.
I unplug the power cord from the supposedly failed PSU, then the PSU itself. the rack makes a really loud fan noise
then i plug the replacement PSU in... but the left red LED alarm stays red.. (What the?)
Pretty sure it's tight already cause the handle its pushed up.

So i either got a defective unit, or is it supposed to be like this?
Could anyone do me a favor and check their rack if the Left PSU alarm LED is supposed to be on like this or not?

denywinarto

Aug 11, 2016
Nevermind, solved the issue, it was bad power cable. not sure why probably had something to do with the lightning strike few weeks ago. replaced the cable and it's green now.
Thanks anyway rand__

Reactions: Rand__