HGST 3.2TB NVME 2.5" U.2 (3DWPD) - £216

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Dreece

Jan 22, 2019

Shipping from Israel, seller has 10 of them on the listing, probably has more.

A great price, now if the rest also follow this pricing strategy, homelabs would be all NVME in no time.

Was going to order 8 of them to fill a bay, but then I thought about it and considering I already have close to 100tb of unused nand space I sensibly decided to skip this one.

I believe these are the SN100 1st gen nvme drives, very solid reliable drives, but be aware that HGST/WD non-oem NVME U.2 drives have a habit of not playing ball with some oem nvme expanders and their relative backplanes (a firmware on drive issue, usually to do with hotplug functionality missing or causing problems with initialisation of drive) and also WD have a habit of not giving-a-sh*t about that fact though they do have some limited support of older PLX chip based bridge-expanders, Intel on the other hand are superstars in regards to compatibility.

Although seller hasn't listed what their remaining endurance is like so do suggest asking before investing just in case these were being used as a cache pool (an unwise investment if so).

Reactions: Samir

Dreece

Jan 22, 2019
Add VAT for import to EU.
Just put it through the business, but if you're not vat registered then vat will hike the price, though even with the hike they're still considerably cheaper than the rest for a 3DWPD nvme drive.

Reactions: Samir

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
Not sure how you calc exchange rates, but for me it says ~280EUR which is ~255GBP. Adding shipping 38EUR plus VAT plus customs fee, there’s no real deal anymore for a retailer considering a 400EUR deal. Not to mention to deal with somebody in terms of used drives and possible warranty/guarantee case.

Last edited:

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
Yes you are right. My eBay showed me first EUR280, then USD280 after reloading.

EDit: so for a European it’s 240 + 40 shipping + 44 Vat (18%) + ~40 customs = 365 EUR

usbTypeD

Apr 2, 2020
My transaction has been canceled. I got the money back but its sad to see my order canceled and now item is sold at higher price. Judge for yourself...

Reactions: gb00s

Dreece

Jan 22, 2019
Could be cancelled for any one of a variety of reasons, not easy to judge without knowing both sides of the story. If a price hike was the reason, then that sucks, but that's life, hey ho onto the next one we go lol

A seller is well within his/her right to pull a sale back, I done it myself in the past, it was the buyer's postal address that pissed me off. (current political events at the time)