help

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

NoMoarZombies

Sep 8, 2016
Hey y'all I'm not very tech savvy. But I could use some help.
I just upgraded from a amd a4 6300 apu to a a8 7670k and as soon as I turned it on it went to a black screen displaying the processor and speed dram size USB devices and sata ports. There is a b2 at the bottom right side of the screen and on the bottom left it says press del to run bios setup or f11 to run boot but neither button does anything when I press it.
Is my motherboard not compatible?

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I would try a different keyboard. Also - if you can get the keyboard into a USB 2.0 port (if it is available) sometimes that helps.

NoMoarZombies

Sep 8, 2016
I would try a different keyboard. Also - if you can get the keyboard into a USB 2.0 port (if it is available) sometimes that helps.
I'm switched from my Logitech g510 to a Logitech k120 which is more basic. They both use USB and on the screen it says it 1 keyboard but nothing works still.

Peanuthead

Jun 12, 2015
Does your system power up with the old processor still? If so, make sure you flash the BIOS to the latest version, swap processors again, and see what you get.