Help with Unfii Switch configuration

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

cooldude

Feb 20, 2018
I got a new unifi us-24 250w.I already have access points for about a year.I coming from a juniper switch.

I am trying to configure it.. Here is what i have done so far.

1) I installed brand controller in AWS.

2) Adapted switch sucessfully.

3) created VLAN 20,30,50 profiles.

4) Configured first 6 ports to vlan20 and provisioned the changes.

5) Switch is connected to centurylink modem on port 24.

6) Now switch is not getting an ip and it is now disconnected from controller.

Can someone please point me in right direction?

cooldude

Feb 20, 2018
Check if there is a Dhcp server providing the switch with an IP address. You also need to open certain ports on your firewall. This article helped me earlier.

DIY Cloud-Hosting a Ubiquiti (UBNT) UniFi Controller
When i had switch in factory reset state it did get an ip address. I was able to adapt switch to controller. Now after adding vlan's and configuring few ports for vlan, the switch no longer getting ip address. The cable is connected on port 24 and that port is in trunk mode.

ljvb

Nov 8, 2015
Did you stick one of the ports that is connected to your upstream router into one of the vlans. If you did that, you would not be able to pull an IP.

K D

Dec 24, 2016
Ensure you have port 8080 forwarded to the controller and or opened on the firewall.

I had to setup a new set of switches and APs at a cousin's place. I had adopted them in a new site in my controller. He plugged them in, used the unifi discovery tool to set the inform url to my controller. I had to just forward port 8080 and the devices were recognized.