Help with Storage Spaces drive missing from PhysicalDisks

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

custom90gt

Nov 17, 2016
I could use some help with my storage spaces. I recently purchased 7x10TB HGST SAS drives to create a new dual parity pool and everything was going well until one disk showed "warning." Since it was new and the drive seems to test fine I figured I'd just recreate the pool.

Now here is what is weird to me. In power shell with get-disk I can see the drive however if I do get-physicaldisk the drive is missing.

It shows up in disk management and I can format it and even write data to it but it is still missing from the physical disk list.

I've tried resetting the physical disk based on it's unique ID however that doesn't help. I can see the drive in the GUI under manage storage spaces but it won't add and gives me a generic message.

I'm kind of at a loss here as to what to do.

The only weird thing that I see in event log is for ItSas35 (Event ID 44802). It does say that \device\RaidPort6 "encl-slot mapping of a new device conflicts with an existing entry"

No idea what that means. Any suggestions?

Case: Supermicro 846
Backplane: BPN-SAS2-846EL1
SAS controller: LSI 9400-16i

custom90gt

Nov 17, 2016
So after about 5 hours of messing with it I finally resolved it by updating the firmware on the 9400-16i and restarting the server. No clue why that resolved it but I seem to be back up and running.

Reactions: Rock