Help with Microtik CRS226 setup

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

StammesOpfer

Mar 15, 2016
I have a CRS226 switch that I would like to use. I have had it for a while and every time I decide I want to use it and dive into the interface I end up giving up. I am comfortable on Cisco, Brocade, Dell, HP, TP-Link, Netgear. But those are all cisco-ish or basic. Part of the problem I think is that it is the routing software for a switching device and it doesn't seem that SwitchOS is an option for the CRS226.....

So anyway. All I really need to be able to do is setup vlan access ports and one dot1q trunk port. Anyone have a good resource for this or if it is super simple give me the quick rundown. The Microtik wiki seems to have the info it just seems to expect other pieces configured ahead of time without telling you what those assumptions are. Most of the write ups and videos are hard to follow, not in english, or trying to do something more complex.

Thanks in advance.