Help with an Asus Z10PE D16 WS and Asus support

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

calais86

Mar 13, 2016
I recently purchased an Asus TS700-E8-RS8 server barebones which contains the Z10PE-D16 WS motherboard from newegg. I attempted to install two, retail Broadwell E5-2630 V4's in it, however it will not work with both CPU's installed. Each CPU works fine in a single CPU configuration. I've done some research and understand this seems to be a known issue with boards manufactured before November 2015 (this one was made in March 2015).

I'm finding Asus support to be awful. They are not getting back to me or admitting this is an issue. They tell me I can RMA this 40 pound paperweight I now have, but that they don't have a replacement in stock, don't know when they will, and hence can't cross-ship me a replacement.

This is beyond annoying. I've never had a bad experience with ASUS hardware, which is why I guess I've never had to engage with Tech Support, but the way they are handling this is unacceptable.

Does anyone have experience getting this board replaced by Asus with one that supports the dual V4's? Any advice with dealing with Asus Tech support?

Thanks in advance.

OBasel

Dec 28, 2010
Almost sounds like it's a BIOS flash issue. Are you on the latest BIOS? You'd need a BIOS update for a system made in March 2015 to accept V4's. The V4's weren't around until early 2016. Otherwise can you return it to Newegg?

calais86

Mar 13, 2016
I tried that. It has the latest 3306 bios. I could try newgg, but it's been more than 30 days since I bought it. Was working fine with the one 2630 I had with it for a month, but only ran into the issue when I tried to add the second CPU.

OBasel

Dec 28, 2010
That sucks. Did you buy it on a credit card that has a warranty? The last ASUS RMA I did took weeks. I stopped using their products.

William

May 7, 2015
Very strange... I have been running that exact same WS for sometime now with no issues and I flashed to the latest BIOS not long ago.
I suspect these are not high volume items and the reason they do not have any in stock.

And yes, removing the MB is a super huge pain. I looked at doing that one time and went... nope.