Help with 1-5-5-4 Beep Code Error

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Sirrus3610

Jul 4, 2019
For the past 18 months or so I’ve been running dual E5-2650s v1 on an Intel S2600CP board, with a 850W EVGA PSU. Everything has been working flawlessly for 18 months until the other day I noticed the computer had shut down. Go to turn it on and the fans kick on for 1/2 a second then stop, then I get the 1-5-5-4 beep code.

I know it’s a power fault code. I’ve tried trouble shooting everything. Swapped out with a different power supply that I know works. Stripped it down to a single processor. Tried swapping out ram. Took out the GPU and all other items. I even took everything out of the case to see if it would boot that way, on the slim chance a stand-off someone is suddenly grounding the board. Nothing worked.

My guess is something killed the MB. It’s been pretty hot lately and the room the computer is in tends to get hot, but I’ve never had and issue temps always stay within operating range.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. If the general consensus is the MB is dead, any suggestions on a replacement?

Thanks
Matt

Reactions: Tha_14

Tha_14

Server Newbie
Mar 9, 2017
For the past 18 months or so I’ve been running dual E5-2650s v1 on an Intel S2600CP board, with a 850W EVGA PSU. Everything has been working flawlessly for 18 months until the other day I noticed the computer had shut down. Go to turn it on and the fans kick on for 1/2 a second then stop, then I get the 1-5-5-4 beep code.

I know it’s a power fault code. I’ve tried trouble shooting everything. Swapped out with a different power supply that I know works. Stripped it down to a single processor. Tried swapping out ram. Took out the GPU and all other items. I even took everything out of the case to see if it would boot that way, on the slim chance a stand-off someone is suddenly grounding the board. Nothing worked.

My guess is something killed the MB. It’s been pretty hot lately and the room the computer is in tends to get hot, but I’ve never had and issue temps always stay within operating range.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. If the general consensus is the MB is dead, any suggestions on a replacement?

Thanks
Matt
Could be a bunch of things. If you stripped it down to bare minimum and it's still not powering on then reset bios and run it with one stick of ram and leave only one fan connected. There is a slim chance it is a failed fan. Just keep trying, it moght be something you missed.