Help: Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS - Graphics / IPMI display issues

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
I would like to keep the IPMI / iKVM functionality for troubleshooting and use the GTX 1060 as the main graphics card. But I'm having hard time getting the Ubuntu to work this way.

If I set VGA Priority in the BIOS to use PCie Graphics card, the iKVM is disabled. The default I can only get iKVM display and the monitor on the graphics card does not get the signal. Not sure if I need to plug in the display port cable is a specific video out on the card
HW: X10SRA-F & Nvidia 1060
I installed server Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS first and then xubuntu-desktop

TIA

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
i had a similar issue but i dont recall if i ever got it working. o_O losing my mind, i have too many project atm.

i would try to see if bios has a setting for both onboard and pcie to display at the same time. if so set onboard as priority, that should get the ipmi working too boot screen. once it boots you may lost the function, so then try vnc or some other RDC protocal for desktop.

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
I kinda resigned for now and dealing with it as is. Crazy busy at work. I tested it on widows 10 different Dell desktop and seem to work fine.

It is a combination of x10sra-f, IPMI onboard graphics, my lack of knowledge on Linux. If I set the BIOS to pci graphics, iKVM display doesn't work.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk