Help please - IBM M5015 SPD file

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

lastminutepanic

Aug 5, 2016
In the process of crossflashing an M5015 I managed to hose my SPD file (yes spd, not the sbr). Was hoping someone could supply theirs. You can back it up from your adapter using megarec. I'd be happy to paypal a few bucks in exchange for uploading the file. Thanks!

Btw, I'm 99% sure the spd file stays the same even if the card is crossflashed, so you can contribute even if your card isn't an M5015 anymore

Last edited:

lastminutepanic

Aug 5, 2016
Thanks for the welcome and the offer! STH has turned up in a few searches lately for stuff I've been doing, and I keep seeing you pop up in threads. I might be new to this community, but it's pretty obvious that you go out of your way to help people and I'd like to say thanks for that.

The problem with knowing what cards I can grab an spd from is that I'm not really sure what the spd does. I was trying to crossflash an M5015 to a Dell H700, and was having trouble after flashing the sbr and firmware. I'm pretty sure i did the procedure correctly, since i was able to flash from the stock M5015 firmware over to the 9260-8i no problem. When flashing to the Dell firmware, when i'd go into the dell bios and try to create an array (or do anything), it'd just freeze. I figured maybe the spd had to be flashed as well so I gave it a shot. Now i just have a card that beeps angrily at me.

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
When flashing to the Dell firmware, when i'd go into the dell bios and try to create an array (or do anything), it'd just freeze. I figured maybe the spd had to be flashed as well so I gave it a shot. Now i just have a card that beeps angrily at me.
You should be able to use megarec m0flash to flash the Dell firmware file (download here, unzip to get the payload/FW4651I.rom file.) That worked for me when I accidentally erased everything on a real H700. If it still freezes, I'd say it was down to a difference between a real H700 and your card.

lastminutepanic

Aug 5, 2016
I had tried several h700 firmwares alone with the h700 spd and sbr, and no go. I'm guessing the spd is hardware specific and you can't just crossflash it, but I'm obviously not sure. That's why I'm trying to get back to the m5015 spd, since nothing I'm doing with the h700 spd is doing anything. I've tried the lsi and ibm sbr, and lsi and ibm firmware, and I can't get anything except beeep beeep. So either I need the m5015 spd or I've just somehow broken the card. It still responds just fine to clearflash, firmware installs, and sbr loads, so I doubt it's totally forked

lastminutepanic

Aug 5, 2016
Sure, i'm willing to try other spd files. Fortunately I don't need the card to work this instant, but it would be nice to put it into place soon.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Here you go.
spd was written without issues, sbr failed twice with a timeout but it created a file , so I added them nevertheless.

Attachments

Reactions: Sleyk

lastminutepanic

Aug 5, 2016
Awesome! The controller's a controller again (instead of a loud alarm). Message me your paypal and I'll toss a few $$ your way

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Hey great to hear its working :)

No need for money, glad I could help you out:)

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Just saw this today. MattR fellow member here on STH (and techmattr blog) has a zip file on his blog with various LSI tools, sbr files and FW etc. I'm replying on mobile and don't have the links handy. Hopefully this helps others

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

fabio1983

Sep 12, 2017
Hello, i would like to flash LSI 9261-i8 to Dell H700.

Unfortunately, I have flashed the SPD not the SBR!!!!

Now the Controller said:

RAID ADAPTER
unrecoverable Error
Please check the SDRAM connection
If problems persist contact Tech Support
Press any key to continue....

Can someone send me the SPD file from a LSI 9261-i8 controller to flashed it again?

Thank you!