1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please - IBM M5015 SPD file

Discussion in 'RAID Controllers and Host Bus Adapters' started by lastminutepanic, Aug 5, 2016.

1. lastminutepanic

lastminutepanic New Member

In the process of crossflashing an M5015 I managed to hose my SPD file (yes spd, not the sbr). Was hoping someone could supply theirs. You can back it up from your adapter using megarec. I'd be happy to paypal a few bucks in exchange for uploading the file. Thanks!

Btw, I'm 99% sure the spd file stays the same even if the card is crossflashed, so you can contribute even if your card isn't an M5015 anymore

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  2. Sleyk

Sleyk Active Member

I personally don't have a M5015 my friend, but I do have a 9280 24i4e Raid controller sitting in my box. I wonder if I can use the spd off of that to help ya? Let me know and I will fire it up and save the file through megarec.

Also, you seem like a funny guy. You made your name to reflect your situation. That clever mate! Let me know if there is anything I can do for ya!

3. Sleyk

Sleyk Active Member

2nd thoughts, since the card is a 8 port sas, can a spd from an unflashed m1015 work? Does the m1015 have an spd? Oh man, I need to read up on the megarec manual. Let me know my friend, oh, and Welcome to STH! Glad to have ya Lasto panico!

4. lastminutepanic

Thanks for the welcome and the offer! STH has turned up in a few searches lately for stuff I've been doing, and I keep seeing you pop up in threads. I might be new to this community, but it's pretty obvious that you go out of your way to help people and I'd like to say thanks for that.

The problem with knowing what cards I can grab an spd from is that I'm not really sure what the spd does. I was trying to crossflash an M5015 to a Dell H700, and was having trouble after flashing the sbr and firmware. I'm pretty sure i did the procedure correctly, since i was able to flash from the stock M5015 firmware over to the 9260-8i no problem. When flashing to the Dell firmware, when i'd go into the dell bios and try to create an array (or do anything), it'd just freeze. I figured maybe the spd had to be flashed as well so I gave it a shot. Now i just have a card that beeps angrily at me.

5. Terry Kennedy

Terry Kennedy Well-Known Member

You should be able to use megarec m0flash to flash the Dell firmware file (download here, unzip to get the payload/FW4651I.rom file.) That worked for me when I accidentally erased everything on a real H700. If it still freezes, I'd say it was down to a difference between a real H700 and your card.

6. lastminutepanic

I had tried several h700 firmwares alone with the h700 spd and sbr, and no go. I'm guessing the spd is hardware specific and you can't just crossflash it, but I'm obviously not sure. That's why I'm trying to get back to the m5015 spd, since nothing I'm doing with the h700 spd is doing anything. I've tried the lsi and ibm sbr, and lsi and ibm firmware, and I can't get anything except beeep beeep. So either I need the m5015 spd or I've just somehow broken the card. It still responds just fine to clearflash, firmware installs, and sbr loads, so I doubt it's totally forked

7. Sleyk

Sleyk Active Member

Yeah, let's not give up yet my friend, perhaps someone can still provide a m5015 spd. I am willing to upload my m1015 spd along with my 24i raid card spd, and perhaps you can give it a test? I'd hate to know you can't use your card. I bricked my very first m1115 card and I am still sorry to this day!

Thanks for saying those kind words my friend! I am always happy to help, as I remember just a few years ago, when I knew very little about computers, I remember some guys trying to help me out. To help you out is not hard at all, because you guys know about computer stuff and understand everything, you just need a quick help with a small issue, but I was a complete noob!

Terry, thanks as well, as you always are there to give good advice to people when they need it too.

I will try to look up some info on this too. I actually came across a forum where they uploaded an ibm m1015 sbr. I will see if someone uploaded a m5015 spd too.

8. lastminutepanic

Sure, i'm willing to try other spd files. Fortunately I don't need the card to work this instant, but it would be nice to put it into place soon.

9. Sleyk

Sleyk Active Member

ok, gotcha. Will pop in my cards and upload the spd's soon.

10. Rand__

Rand__ Well-Known Member

Here you go.
    spd was written without issues, sbr failed twice with a timeout but it created a file , so I added them nevertheless.

Attached Files:

Sleyk likes this.
  11. lastminutepanic

Awesome! The controller's a controller again (instead of a loud alarm). Message me your paypal and I'll toss a few $$ your way

Sleyk likes this.
  12. Sleyk

Sleyk Active Member

Awesome Rand! Did our pal a solid! That's what Im talking about!

13. Rand__

Rand__ Well-Known Member

Hey great to hear its working :)

No need for money, glad I could help you out:)

Sleyk likes this.
  14. nthu9280

nthu9280 Active Member

Just saw this today. MattR fellow member here on STH (and techmattr blog) has a zip file on his blog with various LSI tools, sbr files and FW etc. I'm replying on mobile and don't have the links handy. Hopefully this helps others

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sleyk likes this.
  15. Sleyk

Sleyk Active Member

Oh right, forgot about that little lsi or was it sas zip file? I used to have that file. Had alot of useful megarec stuff in there too.

16. fabio1983

fabio1983 New Member

Hello, i would like to flash LSI 9261-i8 to Dell H700.

Unfortunately, I have flashed the SPD not the SBR!!!!

Now the Controller said:

RAID ADAPTER
    unrecoverable Error
    Please check the SDRAM connection
    If problems persist contact Tech Support
    Press any key to continue....

Can someone send me the SPD file from a LSI 9261-i8 controller to flashed it again?

Thank you!