HELP! MikroTik switch drop packet (5%) - CRS326-24S+2Q+RM

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Dango

May 15, 2021
I am pulling my hair out right now. My MikroTik switch(CRS326-24S+2Q+RM) is dropping packets. Connections are simple. pfSense(10G DAC)-> MikroTik Switch-> computer.

Ping from computers to pfSense, time out ~5%.
Ping from pfSense to my computer, no time out.
Ping from computer to switch mgmt, no time out.
Swap out the switch with TRENDnet , no time out.
Change NIC from ConnectX2 to ConnectX3 on pfSense, getting worse.(+50% time out)
Change DAC cable, same 5% time out.
Try disable all other ports on the switch, same 5% time out.

I can't think anything to try now. Please help!!

tinfoil3d

QSFP28
May 11, 2020
Japan
Well, how about saving your config, resetting the thing completely and then loading saved config?.. Sure sounds strange though, did you try tcpdump on both sides to verify what's going on?

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
Are you using SwitchOS or RouterOS?

Have you updated the firmware?

Are you doing any routing on the switch itself? (Hint: At this point Mikrotik switches are really bad at this, as it depends on the CPU, so it is better to think of it as them being unable to do it).

Dango

May 15, 2021
Well, how about saving your config, resetting the thing completely and then loading saved config?.. Sure sounds strange though, did you try tcpdump on both sides to verify what's going on?
Factory reset + CPU overclock(+100Mhz) sees fixed it. Not sure which one tho.

Are you using SwitchOS or RouterOS?

Have you updated the firmware?

Are you doing any routing on the switch itself? (Hint: At this point Mikrotik switches are really bad at this, as it depends on the CPU, so it is better to think of it as them being unable to do it).
Firmware was up to date. It's SwOS. Just simple vlans.