Help! Is this a great deal? Is it worth it? SM Chassis

Is this chassis worth $564 Shipped?

• Total voters
Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Sable

Active Horse
Oct 19, 2016
Hey, welcome to the forums.

I was under the impression that the great deals section was to help and share great deals with others, not to request free information that could be easily gained when spending time researching parts online like many of these forum members do. I could be wrong here, but non the less, good luck buying your server!

Reactions: BackupProphet

tullnd

Apr 19, 2016
USA
SAS2 what? I'm assuming you mean backplane. Is it a TQ? A single channel expander? The dual expander?

If it's not an SAS2-846EL1/2 card, and that's what you're after...to me it doesn't sound like a great deal, more like a normal one, not even a regular sale maybe.

CSE-846TQ-R900B is on there for $200. Some with and some without motherboard/cpu/ram. They aren't probably the 920 power supplies, but at that price, you could buy some, sell the 900's(or keep as spares) and you have what you listed above on a TQ backplane for still less money.

So to me, without knowing what backplane, it doesn't sound like a great deal.

WeekendWarrior

Apr 2, 2015
My 2 cents is that this is a good price but not a great price.

Assuming that the 846 case is one of the older versions rather than a newer version, the "market price" (unshipped) is probably $200-250. The SAS2 backplane has a market value of $200-300 depending on your eBay patience, the SQ supplies have good value (not sure of market value but maybe 100 combined if bought separately; maybe 50 additional cost over non-SQ supplies) and shipping counts because it may add $75 to the cost. Rails will be $50 plus shipping if you need them FYI.

fsck

Oct 10, 2013
My 2 cents is that this is a good price but not a great price.

Assuming that the 846 case is one of the older versions rather than a newer version, the "market price" (unshipped) is probably $200-250. The SAS2 backplane has a market value of $200-300 depending on your eBay patience, the SQ supplies have good value (not sure of market value but maybe 100 combined if bought separately; maybe 50 additional cost over non-SQ supplies) and shipping counts because it may add $75 to the cost. Rails will be $50 plus shipping if you need them FYI.
I agree, assuming you're American. I'd really suggest getting a case with rails together just to save on shipping costs. They're surprisingly heavy and have an odd size so shipping is kind of a pain.