Help: intel s2600cp2j won’t boot

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gigatexal

I'm here to learn
Nov 25, 2012
Portland, Oregon
alexandarnarayan.com
the intel manual just says what the lights are and gives a table that makes no sense

I was hoping someone here could help

Dual 2680v2s known working ram known good power supply would run brand new heat sinks and I get the following

superfula

Mar 8, 2016
Did you try installing the CPU2 memory stick into the E1 slot instead of G1? In case you don’t have the board manual there, E1 would be the blue slot just above the pcie slot.

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Memory population error, probably showing 8501 post code on the LED's. Memory is populated furthest from the CPU first, so as already mentioned, the memory slot beside the PCI-e slot (DIMM-E1), will be the first to be populated for CPU2, and slot (DIMM-A1) closest to the edge of the board for CPU1. The slots should be marked DIMM-A1, E1, D1 etc :)

Reactions: gigatexal

gigatexal

I'm here to learn
Nov 25, 2012
Portland, Oregon
alexandarnarayan.com
Boots fine with one proc and one stick of ram. 2 CPUs: lots of beeping and complaining.

Any thoughts? New power supply I guess? I’ve a 750w rosewill fortress - it’s a great PSU

This sucks.

Last edited:

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
I'm doubtful if it's the power supply, well not unless it's cheap and crappy and borderline ratings wise. I still think RAM is your issue, either not the correct type or the CPU isn't seeing it, perhaps bent pins or muck in them. Get a hold of the manual and double check the RAM type you are using, make certain it's compatible. Also be sure the DIMM's aren't mixed types, Intel boards are very picky about that sort of thing :)

Reactions: gigatexal

gigatexal

I'm here to learn
Nov 25, 2012
Portland, Oregon
alexandarnarayan.com
I'm doubtful if it's the power supply, well not unless it's cheap and crappy and borderline ratings wise. I still think RAM is your issue, either not the correct type or the CPU isn't seeing it, perhaps bent pins or muck in them. Get a hold of the manual and double check the RAM type you are using, make certain it's compatible. Also be sure the DIMM's aren't mixed types, Intel boards are very picky about that sort of thing :)
It was the ram!!!! Thanks!

Reactions: pricklypunter