Help Identifying This Caddy

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

andy007

Sep 19, 2018
So I saw an ebay auction for a Supermicro 847 server. One interesting thing about it is they use a really different hdd caddy from what usually equipped by supermicro.
Cisco UCS C240 M3 2x 6-Core Xeon E5-2620 2.0GHz 64GB RAM No HDD Please Read | eBay
Looking at those pics, we can see the chassis although looks to be Supermicro style but has a black color on it's faceplate.
Secondly, the tray utilizes a look-to-be metal mechanism on the hinge side which is really interesting to me. On regular supermicro tray like MCP-220-00075-0B, Supermicro uses plastic mechanism which I have to be careful with when pulling the caddy out or when securing it. I had broke couples right on the hinge side before.
I talked to Supermicro and they said it's their chassis but was customized by Aberdeen. Other than that, they have no idea about the caddy that chassis was using since it doesn't look like anything from them (although the tray's faceplate looks different but those rails holding the hard drive are really similar to Supermicro ones (even identical)
supermicro SC847E16-R1400LPB 2nd.jpg supermicro SC847E16-R1400LPB tray.jpg supermicro SC847E16-R1400LPB.jpg