Help Decide - Cisco C3750x, C2960S, Aruba S3500, Juniper EX2200

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ljvb

Nov 8, 2015
I am currently looking at these 3 switches (and a few other possibles if I can get them cheap enough.

The 4 switches listed in the thread topic are all 24 or 48 port POE+ switches, with gig interfaces, and SFP+ (or SFP+ modules in addition to gig and stack ports etc)

The issue I am having, is finding the documentation for version. for example the Juniper EX2200 series switch use the same name across hardware revisions, but I am having problems figuring out if the updates on the Juniper site for the EX2200 series will work with older hardware revisions.

I am trying to keep the costs down to 400 or below. As well as probably going with 2 24 port instead of 48 port.

I did find a Dell X1052p for $400.. but it's from a seller with only 5 sales.. he has 4 of them.. it seems a little sketchy...

I realized that the drops in my house will be easiest to get into the upstairs room with the HVAC equipment in it on the side of the house, there is a open space between the walls that goes from top floor to the crawlspace below the house, so easier to run wires that way then open up the walls... I hate drywalling... So I might drop a 24 port POE switch up there and run it back to the 24 port switch I will use in my rack which is in the laundry room off the garage. At least 12 cables will run from the rooms around the house.

That said, there is also HP Aruba 2920 (or 2930 if I can get it low enough, those last minute bid snipers drive the price up fast)..

I dunno.. I'm going crazy trying to figure out which switch to get... The S3500 is pre HP buying Aruba days.. I'm trying to keep the hardware to at least under 10 years old...

Edit: Also updated firmware.. HP, Cisco, Dell... they make it really difficult to get updated firmware..

ljvb

Nov 8, 2015
Honestly, I don't know Brocade devices (which is surprising considering the years I worked in the ISP industry.. almost 18 years ago now). I do know Cisco and the others.. but the specs look good, stackable, has everything I need.. and apparently you don't need a service contract for firmware updates.. That alone is a bonus.

ljvb

Nov 8, 2015
I'm sold, looking at getting 2 6610 48 port POE. They are cheaper than the 6450 24 port POE.. actually prices a all over the place.. but it seems most of the cheaper ones are all 48 port models.. the 6450 24 poe pricing is insane.. almost 100 more than the 48 port version, and almost all more expensive than the 6610....