Managed to receive a 200lb pallet at the data center loading dock today. The HPE Moonshot has arrived. It is a CS100 performance starter kit. Specs 15x cartridges with quad nodes each with AMD Opteron X2150, 64GB iSSD, 8GB RAM 2x 180 port switches 2x QSFP+ uplink modules 1x Chassis module 4x power supplies Unboxing Overall the process was very simple. All 15 of the 45 cartridges, switches and etc came installed in the box. The chassis does have handles to make moving it easier. Moving to the rear you can see the two uplink modules on either side of the chassis management module as well as the 4x 1500W PSUs. They were a bit harder to slide in than I was expecting but realistically they are not going to get used much. This was in the unloading dock of the data center using a camera phone so apologies for the lighting/ photography. Unfortunately, the unit is now at the bottom of a rack in the data center to there is very little light. Installation impressions The packaging was great. Rails come with cable management arms even though there are very few cables. Something like 3x console RJ-45's, an ILO RJ-45, 2-3 other service ports and 8x QSFP+ 40GbE uplinks. The rails do stick out far on the ends so I did have an issue with mounting them in the rack with the zero U PDU. I did manage to get it in the rack but it was not easy. If you are setting one of these up in a rack, the distance between the back of the rack ears and the front of the system is not that great. It is significantly deeper than the Supermicro SuperBlade (10-node) or the Supermicro MicroBlade chassis in the next rack over. Power Consumption Guess when the Moonshot came online in this graph (note I did need to move the Dell T630 in order to fit the Moonshot. I am using only 3 PSUs since it gives higher efficiency with only 15/ 45 cartridges installed. 815w is not too bad for all of this being extremely idle. Remember, there are essentially two 180x1GbE + 4x 40GbE switches in the chassis along with a total of 60 nodes. I watched a few YouTube videos claim 15W/ node but we are seeing about 13.5W per node at this point. I still have not gotten to update firmware and etc, but I was expecting over 1kW so this was a nice surprise. At least got to here today: Moonshot dashboard: More to come. Thank you to @b3nz0n8 for all of the awesome resources as there are a few tips I am going to follow soon.