Have you jumped onto the 30x0 rtx bandwagon too?

Have you purchased an RTX 30x0 graphics card?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Dreece

Jan 22, 2019
I know most on here don't have time for gaming, but just thought I'd put up a poll.

I was going to grab one, however I got side-tracked and instead purchased more bits for the servers (the norm for STH'ers I suppose).

I just can't get over the size of these things! Once upon a time things were getting smaller right?!, but I guess we went beyond an economical power-usage point a long time ago:

5a94fb04-6b36-47fd-bd76-a5dd890345b9.jpg

(maybe Bigfoot NVMEs are just around the corner too?!)

TLN

Feb 26, 2016
I don't mind playing games, and happy to confirm that it works fine with Nvidia card passed through to VM in ESXi host.
After I updaded my "NAS server" I have my eyes on gaming/workstation PC. Want it to be small, thus looking for ITX mobo. Will see if more boards will follow up AMD presentation. Debating between 3080 and 3090. Of course I want 3090 but it might be a bad idea in small case. Also, way more expensive. Same for CPU actually. Might settle down for 8-12 core CPU and 3080 card. Luckily it's moving slowly, so I anticipate to have it all done by end of the year.

Dreece

Jan 22, 2019
That is one of my major concerns too, and the fact I more than likely will need to throw in a new psu, and possibly more than likely even do a whole new build because the case isn't deep enough, which then means all my custom waterloop work that has been engineered into this case having lasted for over 4 builds will need to be scrapped etc...

...there is no urgency over here, it won't improve anything I use the workstation for at the moment and I don't exactly roll around among a group of young pc master-race enthusiasts... I'll probably just grab an equivalent quadro from a b2b deal in the future.

chinesestunna

Jan 23, 2015
I'll be looking at 2070s once stock stabilize and AMD NAVI comes out so prices come down some. I don't do enough gaming anymore and run 1440p screens so 30xx is overkill for me

Reactions: Rock

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
Ampere still performs like trash in the games I play, so i'll be skipping it. Wonder if RDNA2 will finally give me the FPS I want in GTA V. Sigh.. it looks like i'll have to wait until 2027, only then I can play GTA V at 3840x2400 with maxed out settings.

Last edited:

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
I am waiting for the number part of my old Radeon 5850 to be reused, so I can pretend that it is the latest and greatest again.
So not I haven't jumped on the 30x0 RTX bandwagon ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Dreece

Patriot

Apr 18, 2011
I am waiting for the number part of my old Radeon 5850 to be reused, so I can pretend that it is the latest and greatest again.
So not I haven't jumped on the 30x0 RTX bandwagon ;)
That's probably not going to happen, big navi will be Radeon 6000, OG navi was 5700x/xt

I will probably get some ampere at work for work, but... having trouble with those TDPs on Ampere.
Curious where Big Navi is going to fall on power usage for it's "competitive" with 3080 performance.

Reactions: fohdeesha