Has anyone had any problems with ebay seller "xtrememicro"?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.
Jan 12, 2017
Cambridge, UK
That is the OEM V3 Xeon Chip that I just bought from ExtremeMicro.

I will be testing it out fully tomorrow when the DDR4 3200 RAM arrives, using a Asus X99 Duluxe motherboard.

Jan 12, 2017
Cambridge, UK
Not it all looks pretty good apart from a few minor dinks and scratches; to be honest a lot of the dinks/scratches are not really that visible to the eye, its only because these images are such hi-res and large that you can see them quite clearly.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2017
Cambridge, UK
CPU-Z reports our CPU as OEM/Retail; basically there is no ES or QS in the specification.

Specification: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2683 V3 @ 2.00 GHz

Last edited:

Beerdude26

Feb 6, 2017
Ok, it's just that there's been a recent batch of ES being sold as OEM (around Jan 17), hence me asking for the Intel tool output.

Jan 12, 2017
Cambridge, UK
I am fairly confident that all these programs , be it CPU-Z, Intel processor diagnostic tool, or Intel processor identify utility, all work by querying the chip itself and getting it to report its actually specification.

Obviously, like you mentioned, there is no point in relying on the potentially re-stamped S-Spec code..

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2017
Cambridge, UK
Yeah it is fine.

There is no mention of ES or QS; previously screenshots on this software we have seen on these engineering samples say "This is an ES/QS...".

To be honest we had absolutely no problem with this seller. ES/QS chips were sold as such; The OEM we bought is clearly Tray/OEM and not a QS/ES version.

Obviously just to make sure, we paid by card so if we were sold ES/QS as OEM chips then we could just do a charge-back via our bank.

Last edited:

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Just as a heads-up. I ordered 8x CPUs from xtrememicro (had purchased 6 of the same model previously). Only 6 arrived in the box.

Patriot

Apr 18, 2011
Um... if it is a QS chip (latest stepping of "ES" before production) and is the stepping that becomes production... it will show up as a retail chip... and have full functionality of it. QK chips should show up as retail. If they don't... they are QH and not QK...

Reactions: T_Minus

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I just sent them a note and a picture. Will find out.

Jan 12, 2017
Cambridge, UK
@Partick: Hopefully they will just send out the missing items; like you say, time will tell.

@Partriot: Were you talking about QS/QK/QH in relation to my comments?

If so I have never heard of QK or QH.. I just know the Intel Processor Identify software, and CPU-Z, shows it as non-ES/QS, and it has the full instruction set, and was Stepping 2, and Revision M0. So that is good enough for me; it works 100% fine.

@ElBerryKM13: You must realise that this seller is selling substantially numbers of CPUs.

For instance, the E5-2683 that I bought, this seller has already sold over $100,000 worth of these chips. A very quick glance at just some of his chips and it shows sales over $300,000. Which for Ebay is quite large numbers..

I think perhaps the seller just got confused over the previous order, and personally I would expect them to resend out replacements for the missing chips. When you are selling $100 of thousands of dollars worth of chips it does not really make much sense to rip someone off for a few hundred/thousand..

I am guessing they have fully audited stock levels and therefore will be able to see quite clearly how many got sent out. And it would be madness for them to lose clearly a very good customer such as Partick.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
When I had a problem with out of country CPU seller and got no/wrong/missing item(s) I had to actually file a police report (locally, stupid) and then submit that claim # to ebay, and then ebay refunded me the $$ for the items that never showed up but showed as delivered. This was a different seller that had 100s of great feedback selling CPUs and then once I got mine he got near 40 negatives in 1 month!!

ServerSemi

Jan 12, 2017
When I had a problem with out of country CPU seller and got no/wrong/missing item(s) I had to actually file a police report (locally, stupid) and then submit that claim # to ebay, and then ebay refunded me the $$ for the items that never showed up but showed as delivered. This was a different seller that had 100s of great feedback selling CPUs and then once I got mine he got near 40 negatives in 1 month!!
This man speak the truth. Unless the seller makes it right he will have to file a police report then open a ebay buyer protection case.