Has anyone had any problems with ebay seller "xtrememicro"?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

horse horse

Jan 5, 2017
Hello,

I have ordered 2x E5-2650V4 CPUs almost a week ago and made prompt payment on Ebay. The seller has held up shipment for three days and claimed he never received payment. Then he mentioned that he received payment. Since then he/she has not been forthcoming in any communication nor has he/she shipped out anything. I am right before logging a complaint and refund claim with Ebay. Today even an email to his registered ebay email account has been rejected by Ebay's server and been returned to me.

I am just wondering, has anyone experienced problems or issues with "xtrememicro" on Ebay? I am a bit worried about the current situation, its not a fortune that was paid but still enough money to go after the seller. What worries me a bit is that the email sent to him/her has been returned as being erroneous by Ebay's server.

Am I dealing with a con artist?

pgh5278

Oct 25, 2012
Australia
If you look at the seller ratings..
They are not that positive,, 6 months is one negative rating per 50 transactions..I generally avoid ano one less than 1 in 100...
upload_2017-1-10_10-6-8.png

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I purchased 4 CPUs from them on 12/31/2016. Shipment made on 1/7/2017. Their "free" shipping uses First-Class Mail International which is usually a 7-21 day delivery time. If I had seen that I would have purchased faster shipping.

realtomatoes

Oct 3, 2016
dang. am watching an e5 on his items too but have not decided to buy yet.
isn't there paypal protection for that or something?

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I think there is if they do not ship but not if there is a shipment that is slow.

horse horse

Jan 5, 2017
I reside in Hong Kong, and Ebay indicates the CPUs ship from HK, that I am not concerned about. I am concerned its the 7th day and nothing has even shipped yet and worse yet, the seller does not respond to any messages or requests for update for the 3rd day now.

I purchased 4 CPUs from them on 12/31/2016. Shipment made on 1/7/2017. Their "free" shipping uses First-Class Mail International which is usually a 7-21 day delivery time. If I had seen that I would have purchased faster shipping.

horse horse

Jan 5, 2017
From my experience I will next time communicate with several sellers beforehand and see how fast they respond and how they communicate. In this case the seller does not respond at all to multiple requests for an update.

horse horse

Jan 5, 2017
what if paid by credit card and not via PayPal? Does a similar insurance exist or can I request a refund if it can be proven that the seller has not shipped anything after 10 days or so?

I have to say I am very disappointed about my Ebay experience so far. I have way better experience with Taobao. I ordered 2 CPUs on Sunday evening and they shipped several hours later and I received the CPUs on Monday evening, albeit in Hong Kong which is just a stone throw away. But the overall experience is super pleasant as long as one does some proper research about the seller and its reputation and feedback. Most seller respond in the Taobao chat within seconds, and most can ship immediately after having made payment. Then, payment is held by Taobao UNTIL the buyer receives the items and notifies Taobao of satisfactory receipt of the items. Otherwise the items can be returned and a refund issued. I ordered many things from Taobao and have yet to receive a broken or dysfunctional item. Highly recommended to anyone who lives in Asia or can wait for a few days to have items shipped across the pond.

P.S.: I do not speak a single word Mandarin, all communication was done with the help of google translate.

I think there is if they do not ship but not if there is a shipment that is slow.

horse horse

Jan 5, 2017
Thanks, I gave the seller another day before I instruct my credit card company to launch an investigation and apply for a charge back. Will keep the thread updated and will of course update the thread should the seller come around and refund the purchase on his own accord or send out the item as initially agreed.

The word you're looking for is Charge Back. Most credit cards have a process to initiate one. Usually it involves calling the bank that issued you the card though.

horse horse

Jan 5, 2017
I have no idea why this seller apparently worked out fine in the past but as of now this is con artist. Seller provided a tracking number which proved to be fake. Ebay and Paypal are investigating right now and promised a full charge-back in 10 days should my claims hold up. They are trying to reach out to the seller. This seller is imho highly unprofessional if not outright malicious. If he communicates once every couple days then it is at ONE time of the day, no matter how soon one replies there won't be another communication on that day. He lied about having shipped and obtained a tracking number (I contacted the claimed shipper and they said this tracking number does not even match their tracking number format). Sellers like this should be banned on Ebay.

I've heard this seller "xtrememicro" has been known to claim higher stock than what they have on-hand and also cancel orders because they don't have enough stock. They seem to have a few different shipping options which is a plus but generally they don't provide much information on the product especially HwInfo64 photos or additional information besides a generic processor stock photo placeholder and a CPU-Z photo (which doesn't tell much).

Jan 12, 2017
Cambridge, UK
Horse Horse, did you get this resolved in the end?

--

Hopefully this seller is okay as I just ordered a Xeon. They do have a lot of sales..

I think perhaps this person is buying stock after he has been paid, and therefore sometimes cannot buy what is not available. I paid by Paypal so hopefully any problems, if any, will be resolvable.

Last edited:

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
My four V4 chips arrived today. They look good. Need to go fill sockets with them.

BenchZowner

Nov 16, 2016
I've dealt with xtrememicro.

Everything went fine and the CPUs arrived in pristine condition ( if ES were officially sold, you could've put those I received in a retail box and sell them as brand new, they came in such a good condition ).

They also arrived relatively soon ( Greece ) [ about 8 days from payment day ]

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Mine were low power chips. Certainly not in the best of shape. Took them 7 days to ship.

hwtrade-e <24 hours to ship. Purchased yesterday evening. Set to arrive tomorrow.

Reactions: BenchZowner
Jan 12, 2017
Cambridge, UK
Similarly, the ad said ship within one day after payment, and yet they shipped 2 days later.

Also they ignored my message asking for the S-Spec code.

Let us know how you get on with hwtrade; are they Ebay based?

horse horse

Jan 5, 2017
I want to follow up and rectify couple points:

The seller (xtrememicro) eventually shipped and the 2 CPUs (E5 2650 v4) were eventually delivered. I just tested them and they seem to be running fine and because they consume less energy and run way cooler than my current dual E5 2690 v3 chips I decided to keep them.

But the whole shopping experienced left a pretty bad impression regarding this particular seller. It took an Ebay investigation and my credit card company to compel the seller to start engaging in a resolution and after he eventually shipped he offered me to either keep the chips when they arrive or else return them for a full refund. It should not go like this and to be honest I think it was probably a string of bad events on the seller's side. I am sure that he did not have inventory when he advertised the chips on Ebay and tried to stall despite me having asked BEFOREHAND whether he had inventory and he assured he had and that he would be shipping the ships within 3 business days after payment was received. That was not the case. But after all I received the chips and they perform as advertised.

Just wanted to follow up and be honest and reflect that the seller in the end held to his end of the bargain. Despite that I will in the future stick to Taobao which I have a much more reliable experience shopping at for items such as this.

Good luck to all others, I want to say thanks to everyone who contributed to this site, it provides a wealth of information and it enabled me to make an informed decision which chips to go with.

Hello,

I have ordered 2x E5-2650V4 CPUs almost a week ago and made prompt payment on Ebay. The seller has held up shipment for three days and claimed he never received payment. Then he mentioned that he received payment. Since then he/she has not been forthcoming in any communication nor has he/she shipped out anything. I am right before logging a complaint and refund claim with Ebay. Today even an email to his registered ebay email account has been rejected by Ebay's server and been returned to me.

I am just wondering, has anyone experienced problems or issues with "xtrememicro" on Ebay? I am a bit worried about the current situation, its not a fortune that was paid but still enough money to go after the seller. What worries me a bit is that the email sent to him/her has been returned as being erroneous by Ebay's server.

Am I dealing with a con artist?

Reactions: Patrick

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
One of my 4 was DOA. Same spec, same sockets and one never works. After 2 hours confirming it's DOA I feel like the best I'm going to come out is even money.