Hardware pron thread

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

seang86s

Feb 19, 2013
It it sad that I still remember the Pentium Pro and how revolutionary it was?
Those machines were my first dual processor machines. First we had Dell GXPros that can be outfitted with a 2nd processor board to make with dual capable and better yet, an IBM PC 350 (I think that was the model) that had the second processor socket right on the motherboard. Strip the processor, memory and hard drive out of another machine and beef up your own! Once these machines were being replaced at the company I was working at, I wound up getting a bunch for "home use" to run beta versions of Windows 2000.

William

May 7, 2015
Its only been a few years we have gone from 12 core CPU's to now 18 cores and soon to be higher than 20.
Lets not even talk about Knights Landing and what the potential is for that.

Reactions: Patriot

TechIsCool

Feb 8, 2012
Clinton, WA
techiscool.com

William

May 7, 2015
I will... I am a ways off from actually starting this one up. Still have the other two to finish up.

Stanza

Jan 11, 2014
So why are the fans all configured to suck the hot air from the GPU's and blow it across the memory CPU's?
eg pic has flow direction left to right?

seems arse about to me

Jeggs101

Dec 29, 2010
So why are the fans all configured to suck the hot air from the GPU's and blow it across the memory CPU's?
eg pic has flow direction left to right?

seems arse about to me
Those AMD's are 275w TDP parts and there's 8 of 'em. If you can cool that, the CPUs are ez to cool. In GPU compute systems, the focus is GPU cooling not CPU.

Patriot

Apr 18, 2011
Those AMD's are 275w TDP parts and there's 8 of 'em. If you can cool that, the CPUs are ez to cool. In GPU compute systems, the focus is GPU cooling not CPU.
Yeah... but the gpu's can run hotter than the cpu's can...