H2312JFJR and sata3 6Gb/s

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

viadck

Sep 12, 2017
Hello,

I have recently bought an Intel H2312JFJR node system and having problems with the drive speed. This system is supposed to support 6Gb/s SATA speeds but I can't get it configured this way, it always peaks at 3Gb/s.

The ssd drives I'm using are Samsung 850 Pro and the installed OS is CentOS7.

Smartctl gives the following info.

smartctl -x /dev/sda | grep SATA
SATA Version is: SATA 3.1, 6.0 Gb/s (current: 3.0 Gb/s)
0x11 GPL R/O 1 SATA Phy Event Counters
0x13 GPL R/O 1 SATA NCQ Send and Receive log
SATA Phy Event Counters (GP Log 0x11)

I have tried all kind of different options in the bios without any luck.

Does anyone have any idea how to get the drive running on full speed?

Thanks in advance!

Marsh

May 12, 2013
The drive bays are connected to Intel C602 chip , it is only 3.0 Gb/s.

To get to 6.0 Gb/s , you will need to spend lots of money.
Buy a PCIe disk controller like LSI , replace the bridge card between blackplane to the new LSI card.

The real $$ is cost of the bridge card , the long pcb on the side of the node. It is a common part.

viadck

Sep 12, 2017
Thanks for your answer.

Any suggestions on a specific bridge card? It appears interl part numer ah2000jf6gkit is the official one?

viadck

Sep 12, 2017
Hi,

I bought the AH2000JF6GKIT and just changed the bridge card but now it doesn't recognize the ssd drive at all.

Any idea why this could be happening?

Thanks in advnace!

PnoT

Mar 1, 2015
Texas
I'm with Marsh on this one as the upgrade would tie up the only PCIe slot, if you have the RMM module installed, and that's just not acceptable. What I find odd is that the SAS bridge has a SATA AHCI port on it and there is another one at the rear of the motherboard. I haven't figured out a way to see if either of those could be routed to the front. Was hoping someone had tried hooking them up before.

Thoughts?