Guide: Flashing H310/H710/H810 Mini & full size to IT Mode

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nosar77

Dec 13, 2023
you have an H730P, which is not supported by the guide. this guide is for 12th generation dells, like the r620 / r720 cards - perc H710p
I am so dumb, when bought the server i was told it was a H710P but yeah its a H730 Facepalm... Okay so I guess, i need to find a guide for the H730P or get a LSI card thats compatible with my Dell R630?

gh0stee

Jan 6, 2024
I am trying to flash a Dell PERC H310 to IT mode, following the Fohdeesha guide but I get stopped at the first part. I have checked over my Bios, did all the settings disabled. It is an AMD Ryzen board, ASUS B350 Prime Plus. The system takes a long time (over 10 mins) to get into the FreeDos, once in the info command runs but just hangs. Virtualization is off, IOMMU off, UEFI and Secure boot disabled. I am lost.

Dionysos

Feb 4, 2022
Tried following the guide to a T about a dozen times for the H710 Mini D1, but keep getting errors when I get to setting the sas address.

No other PCI cards installed and tried powering down and unplugging for 30 minutes several times. Also tried it on a H710P card with that specific guide, but ran into the same issue.

I've been doing everything through iDRAC, any chance that would be an issue? Does it matter if drives are installed? I'm at a loss for what to try next.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!
Don't do it through iDRAC, log in SSH to the Debian install as explained in the @fohdeesha guide

Pagano

Jan 14, 2024
I've got a problem with my Dell H310 (full size) after waking up my server (ubuntu) from sleep/standby. Flashing the LSI IT firmware went fine, but my virtual machine (QEMU/KVM/Virtual Machine Manager -> Openmediavault, debian based), which is using the HDD connected to the H310, is always unresponsive after the server wakes back up from sleep/standby.

The OS of the VM is showing the following error:
Code:
[     0.953649] shpchp 0000:01:00.0: pci_hp_register failed with error -16
[     0.953876] shpchp 0000:01:00.0 Slot initialization failed
I'm only getting this error after sleep/standby, everthing is working fine after a restart/cold boot of the server.

Also, shutting down the VM doesn't even work because of this error:
Code:
Error shutting down domain: Timed out during operation: cannot acquire state change lock (held by monitor=remoteDispatchConnectGetAllDomainStats)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 72, in cb_wrapper
    callback(asyncjob, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 108, in tmpcb
    callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/object/libvirtobject.py", line 57, in newfn
    ret = fn(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/object/domain.py", line 1357, in shutdown
    self._backend.shutdown()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/libvirt.py", line 2923, in shutdown
    raise libvirtError('virDomainShutdown() failed')
libvirt.libvirtError: Timed out during operation: cannot acquire state change lock (held by monitor=remoteDispatchConnectGetAllDomainStats)
The server is using an AMD Ryzen 5600G CPU and a Gigabyte B450 Aorus M mainboard.

During a restart/cold boot I'm also getting these errors now on my server:
Anyone got an idea what the problem might be?

Last edited:

Elmojo

Apr 16, 2021
I apologize if this has been covered, but honestly I'm not reading 22 pages just to see if this has been discussed. lol

I have a Dell T630 server with 2 RAID/HBA cards. One is an H730 in HBA mode, running the internal HDDs.
The other is an H810, in RAID (normal?) mode, connected to an MD1200 external disk shelf, which I just bought. It's not really set up yet, and is the subject of my question.
I'm running unraid on the server, and have no need for the hardware RAID features of the H810. Looking into the process of flashing the H810, it appears to be more than I'd like to get into, considering that I'd have to remove my H730 and turn off a bunch of stuff in BIOS.

Here's the actual Q: Can I just leave the H810 in RAID mode, destroy the current hardware RAID array, leaving the individual drives available to unraid to assign to its array, or will that not work?