GUI theme "Napp-it"

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Turrican

Mar 25, 2013
France

Hi ZFS world, and especially the fans of napp-it.
Here's a little test for GUI theme "Napp-it" which seems to work well for the use that may be requested.
For now, this is just an experiment. This allowed me to test the integration of visual tools and graphics such as gauges (CPU, RAM, ...) & pie graph (Pools, total HDD, HDD free, ...).
For now, it remains conceptual and embryonic state is part of a personal desire.
Feel free to leave comments, notes or any other suggestions ...;)

[video=youtube;wsdZXQ0h_Gk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdZXQ0h_Gk[/video]

Last edited:

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
Dunno about logo. Like colors better than green but that is personal taste.

You should see if STH will sponsor/ host for you. They were looking to help napp-it.

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
napp-it allows update-save modifications of the UI.

You should keep the needed files
- interface.pl (all perl functions for the interface)
- about-menus (menu-file with translations, menu-hide and icons)
- css and js file for the UI

in the /var/web-gui/_my folder (as well as own menu-add-ons)

In such a case, you can update napp-it and your personal UI and additions are kept.
(beside some rare conditions, where a modification of interface.pl is needed)

Turrican

Mar 25, 2013
France
napp-it allows update-save modifications of the UI.

You should keep the needed files
- interface.pl (all perl functions for the interface)
- about-menus (menu-file with translations, menu-hide and icons)
- css and js file for the UI

in the /var/web-gui/_my folder (as well as own menu-add-ons)

In such a case, you can update napp-it and your personal UI and additions are kept.
(beside some rare conditions, where a modification of interface.pl is needed)
Thank you for all these precisions gea. This is exactly what I did.;)
PS: Your files are very well commented. Thank you again for all the work done and more ...:)

ramanna

Mar 27, 2013
Hello All, I was trying very hard to change my main navigation look linke in above video. I was trying at below code. Can any body suggest me where exeactly I have to change. If possible can you please provide inteface.pl file and CCS, JS.

my $m=<<EoF;

<!-- start $par menu -->

<div class="vertMenu">
<table id="BodyTable" width="950" class="rootVoices" cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0' border='0' style='background:none; width: 950px'>

<tr>
<td>
$add1
$items
$add2

</td>
<td>
</table>
</div>

<!-- end $par menu -->
EoF
return ($m);
}

It will be very great help.

Thanks,
Ram

Turrican

Mar 25, 2013
France
Looks really nice! How can I test it by myself?
Hello All, I was trying very hard to change my main navigation look linke in above video. I was trying at below code. Can any body suggest me where exeactly I have to change. If possible can you please provide inteface.pl file and CCS, JS.
For now, as I said, this is just an experiment "personnel" focused primarily on navigation. (but few become collaborative work following the interest expressed, or simply a transmission of inspiration and personal desires to the creator and developer of the project "Napp-it").

Personally, I prefer and is more functional having the main navigation bar on the side.
Secondly, in terms of design and hence the visual appearance of the interface, it is a matter of taste. But I think a more zoned design with contrasting colors limited, enables better readability general and simplified user experience.

Finally, the addition of small visual tools such as gauges or pie graph allows visual comfort and contributes to the overall esthetic.

chris

Jan 15, 2013
Germany
zfs-server.de
For now, as I said, this is just an experiment "personnel" focused primarily on navigation. (but few become collaborative work following the interest expressed, or simply a transmission of inspiration and personal desires to the creator and developer of the project "Napp-it").

Personally, I prefer and is more functional having the main navigation bar on the side.
Secondly, in terms of design and hence the visual appearance of the interface, it is a matter of taste. But I think a more zoned design with contrasting colors limited, enables better readability general and simplified user experience.

Finally, the addition of small visual tools such as gauges or pie graph allows visual comfort and contributes to the overall esthetic.
Exactly thease are the points I would change in design. Your UI is very nice!
Please let me know when you provide it for the community.

ramanna

Mar 27, 2013
Exactly thease are the points I would change in design. Your UI is very nice!
Please let me know when you provide it for the community.
Hello Friends,
How I can hide the content at top menu level. I want content to be displayed only sub menu level.

Thanks a lot for your help,
Ram

Kenjamin

Apr 15, 2013
Hi Turrican...

I joined the forum to say that this looks very nice.

I'd be very interested in seeing the finished result or helping you to finish it.

Thanks for sharing this piece of work.