Grid k2 for $350

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Again, a very clear maybe;) It works with HP rebranded Mellanox cards (since Mellanox provides a tool), it does not work with drives (since the OEM doe s not provide tools). So it might work with the Grid.
Try at your own peril and let us know.

But the question is - why? Newer firmware available?

Jepong

Nov 2, 2017
I've read someone updating firmware for esxi 6.5 and I'm using 6.5. I've not read the article thoroughly though. So has somebody updated their firmware to work with 6.5 or will the stock firmware work reliably? I've not yet check the card's firmware cause it has not arrived yet.

NetWise

Jun 29, 2012
Edmonton, AB, Canada
I just want to add a little more info to timd reply. I just don't want ppl to buy Grid card and cant use it due to VMware license restriction.

In order to use vGPU and share the Grid card among more than 2 users (K2 for example), you'll need Enterprise Plus license for VMware. That's not practical for home lab. The alternative is use direct PCI pass-through which basically gives you 2 users per K2 card.
Sure it's practical. VMUG Advantage membership, with EVAL Experience, includes 6 sockets of vSphere Enterprise Plus among other things, for about $200USD/year.

Jeggs101

Dec 29, 2010
I was looking for a GRID K2 all yesterday for the 15% off. But they were like $500