GPU in x8 slot on X10DRH-CT

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

FlorianZ

Dec 10, 2019
I have been trying to get a P2200 working in one of the x8 slots on the X10DRH-CT motherboard. The fan is spinning, and the PCIe link is detected in the BIOS, but once booted lspci doesn't list the device, and dmidecode says the slot is not in use. I tried a Quadro 600 that is exhibiting the same problem, and an AMD R9 Nano, which is working as expected.

The working AMD card is externally powered, and I am now wondering if the issue is that the x8 slot is not supplying enough power for the P2200 or 600. I know the PCIe spec calls for only 25W on anything < x16, but I have never encountered a motherboard where this is actually a problem.

Am I SOL with this, or is there anything I can try to get this working on the X10DRH-CT? Any way I can confirm that bus power is indeed the issue here? It could be a red herring.

Thank you!

FlorianZ

Dec 10, 2019
SuperMicro support was able to help! For posterity's sake, I reset the bifurcation settings on all PCIe slots from "Auto" to their respective defaults, enabled "Above 4G Decoding" and set the PCIe slot OPROM to "EFI" instead of "Legacy". lspci is now listing the GPU as expected!