EU Gone - Used 2TB Intel P4600 DC Enterprise AIC HHHL(+FH bracket) SSD - 400 EURO

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

denywinarto

Aug 11, 2016
I always look for HET (high endurance technology ) in the specs, my S3710's been taking 300GB daily write and it's still 100% after almost 3 years.
IIRC all Px00 only have PLP, (power loss protection), but not HET,

Dreece

Jan 22, 2019
Well, greater over-provisioning/het, whatever manufacturers like to call it, at the end of the day a huge number of homelabs are also running optane drives as cache drives and many of them barely push 5PBW... it all comes down to use-case. If you're hitting your cache/storage hard with writes, then you obviously pick higher-endurance.

Not everyone sees the need to invest more for something they will barely need for their usage during the ownership of said product. Especially considering all wise homelabs sell on their ssd gear within a smart time-frame to claw back a good ROI and then purchase the next-gen or 2nd-next-gen and so on.

TomUK

Aug 30, 2017
If 11 PBW doesn't last me long enough I've probably gone horrible wrong somewhere I think

denywinarto

Aug 11, 2016
Hmm i dont know, i learned the hard way with samsung nvme 970 (250gb), i merely using it as OS for emby, blue iris and other light programs.
It went down to 61 % in 4-5 months.
It's supposed to have 150tbw, i dont think i wrote even 1 tb during those times
That's the last time im using samsung for my servers.

Dreece

Jan 22, 2019
Consumer drives vs enterprise drives is a whole different issue.

Also not keeping an eye on disk activity is something which can bite you in the behind, especially with Windows desktops.

In the old days you'd know if something that shouldn't be running on your computer was running by merely the sound of constant head-movement in the hard-drives, these days that feedback is missing, whence "Task-Manager > Performance tab > Open Resource Monitor link > Disk tab > Disk Activity section"